Today in the Spider Room?

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Last week, I noticed that my T. albo was in heavy premolt. Over the last couple of days, she webbed up her enclosure extensively, as if she would make a phantom sac. But no, she flipped a moment ago. Didn't actually catch her doing it, but I trust she ought to be done at some point tommorow.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Ziplock (my drain tarantula for those of you who remember) passed away today. He was a MM Chilobrachys huahini and lived for 9 months after his ultimate molt. My fiance is going to cast him in resin for me to preserve him. I'll miss him and will always remember his hilarious shenanigans. I really enjoyed keeping this species, and will probably get another Chilobrachys eventually, maybe Kaeng Krachen or dyscolus.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My T. albo finished molting early this morning. When I woke up at 6, she was almost done pulling her legs out of her old exo. After a shower, I checked again to see her finally free. As far as I can see, all appendages seem to be accounted for, so I think I can chalk it up to yet another perfect molt. Can't wait to feed this girl in a couple of weeks. I'm still in awe that my G. porteri and T. albo molted one week apart from each other. What were the odds of that ? Probably two of the more common spiders which I've really enjoyed over the years. There is a high probability that I won't move further from Brachypelma/Grammostola/Tliltocatl and that's perfectly OK. I keep saying I want to jump into intermediate NWs, but these "Pet Rocks" really provide me with all that I want in a T, minus skittish/defensive behaviours.

Edit : Just checked up and caught her righting herself back to normal ! In near 13 years of T keeping, it's the 2nd time I've witnessed this pivotal post-molt moment. So cool ! A real ball of FLOOF ;) I'll need to get myself a Nicaraguan down the road to see how differently they look from a Honduran.

Edit #2 : Well, this is unexpected. I arrived to see my T. albo pushing her molt in her water dish, that ain't all... she's drinking besides it ! What a goofball ! :D

Last edited:

Arachnid Addicted

Arachnoprince
Today, this girl just dropped a sac.
Tmesiphantes obesus.
_MG_7052.JPG

These guys started to "hatch".
Acanthoscurria paulensis.
_MG_7073.JPG

And I notices these guys became slings.
Chilobrachys sp. "Kaeng Krachan".
_MG_7076.JPG
Sickius longibulbi.
_MG_7077.JPG

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Quite an eventful day in the spider room here. My P. ornata sling is currently molting, but unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to retrieve the molt until the spider tosses it out of its lair. Hoping I have a female, but no idea at the moment. Very excited because a few new additions will be on their way this week. A juvenile Cyriopaogopus schmidti, and a Hadrurus arizonensis scorpion. I've been building their enclosures throughout the weekend. I used the excavator substrate for the scorpion and I really like it. Very excited.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
My GBB has started to refuse food and I'm hoping she won't be in premoult for too long. It's been 15 months since she moulted.

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
Since my last update

P. cambridgei
Cotztetlana sp morelos
Bonnetina minax mihaocan locality
Ceratogyrus brachycephalus wild form
Psuedhapalosus sp yellow blue
Hapalosus sp formosus (cf formosus???)
Psalmopoeus pulcher
Omothymus schioedtei

And 3 of my albos are in premolt

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Noticed my GBB's abdomen getting darker a few days ago. Pretty excited to get another moult out of her, I've had her for 2 years and so far have only gotten one. Other than that pretty normal around here. I don't think I'll ever regret populating my collection with juveniles and sub-adults. :)

corydalis

Arachnosquire
Sold my boy just hours ago, to let him do his job. Two feisty females are eager to meet him, so wish him luck!:anxious:

(G.pulchra 1.0)
IMG_1254.JPG

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Hogna schmitzi pairing (male on the right).
DSCN8313.JPG

Stole an egg sack from Psalmopoeus langenbucheri, mother on the second picture.
DSCN8323.JPG DSCN8339.JPG

At the moment there are many slings to feed, due to my exchange campaign with the many L. tarantula slings I now have a lot of real spiders, including Barylestis scutatus and Viridasus sylvestris.
DSCN8330.JPG
DSCN8333.JPG DSCN8335.JPG

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
Made an instagram for my bug photos and started making 3 fresh enclosures.

looks like my C.brachycephalus is gonna be moltin soon aswell

YungRasputin

Arachnobaron
walked into my arachnid room and saw my H. mac bolt which was super hilarious - they seem really awkward on the ground

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
C.versi started building a tunnel in its new enclosure.
Meanwhile the neighbour from the same haul, Y.diversipes, extended wires haphazardly across the new enclosure in a pattern resembling those laser traps from heist movies.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
T. albo was hunkered down in his hide last night, I'm a little worried that this might be the beginning of the end for him cause he never uses his hide. Hasn't since he matured. But we'll see. Not much else to report from the others.

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
T. albo was hunkered down in his hide last night, I'm a little worried that this might be the beginning of the end for him cause he never uses his hide. Hasn't since he matured. But we'll see. Not much else to report from the others.
You might get lucky and be getting another moult out of him. Most of my MM just crawl themselves to death and die out in the open, never had one go into a hide to die.