Today in the Spider Room?

Cyriocosmus

Arachnopeon
I placed an order for 4 tiny tiny Cyriocosmus aueri slings. Cyriocosmus species no 6! I've never gotten slings this small and hope that I'll be able to raise them all. And of course hope to get at least one female. 😅

Peya

Arachnopeon
I placed an order for 4 tiny tiny Cyriocosmus aueri slings. Cyriocosmus species no 6! I've never gotten slings this small and hope that I'll be able to raise them all. And of course hope to get at least one female. 😅
I wish you luck! I myself have a tliltocatl albopilosum sling which in my opinion is a great starter tarantula. I'm new to the hobby, but after getting 1 sling, I want many more! I might do the same and get 3-6 slings.

Dead Blue Deer

Arachnopeon
Saw one of my A chalcodes getting ready to molt — spinning in circles, scratching its abdomen, laying down a molt web — and came back an hour later to see it flipped:

EbtMStyUYAALhLa.jpg
My other A chalcodes had her first meal since molting last week, and afterwards she stood up nice and tall:

EbtUOn8VcAAr1D_.jpg

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
Today in the spider corner- everything is chill, a rare moment when nothing needs doing and I can take the time to just enjoy them.
IMG_20200701_193037.jpg

Cyriocosmus

Arachnopeon
My 4 first instar C. aueri arrived - +1 freebie! They are extremely tiny, bodylengh about 1mm or less. All were alive even though they were in transit since Monday. They're so adorable!

IMG_20200703_125806.jpg

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
FINALLY was able to change the water in my T. albo's enclosure. She's always on or around the water dish when I need to change it and she'll attack my tongs when I go to grab it if she's too close. She was far enough away yesterday that I could snatch it up and get the nasty dirt water out.

Oh and my N. coloratovillosus came out of her blocked off hide, no moult. :grumpy:

corydalis

Arachnosquire
Changed his water dish a few days ago. I’m still amazed how thankful he was.

IMG_4507.JPG

Also offered a perfect chance for a close-up.

IMG_4505.JPG

He stared at me like this for the rest of the night.
IMG_4486.JPG

Garnet3942

Arachnosquire
So what notable thing happened in your spider room today? Here's what's notable in mine. I'm a little spooked out. Spiders are so intuitive somehow. They just seem to know things sometimes.

Today is the first day that we may have 100 degree temperatures here in Phoenix. It's been really warm for about 2 weeks, so we've had the air conditioner on and the door is closed. As far as my spiders know, it's a normal april with temperature in the low-to-mid 70s. I go to check on the spiders this morning, and my beautiful male New River Rust Rump chalcodes has gone to Spider Jesus. Today. First real summer temperature day.

And who knew, because we're like 20 degrees above the average temperature right now, but the air conditioner is on. He lasts until today of all days. I find this very weird, but you know what? It's truly summer when the boys of LAST Summer are finally ready to give it up to a new generation and finally give up the ghost. Mind how you go, sexy pants. I just hope I get a sac with your genes in it, you good-looking son of a gun. :bigtears:

BUT... I did get the most adorable little A. Metallica sling from Beau, a guy I met on Craigslist, and his adorable son--both of whom will be at the Predators event in Mesa this weekend along with several of us Arachnoboarders. They're good people. I know this because my bearded dragon told me so. He's a real dowsing stick for people of character. He just knows who's worth knowing. :)
Well I only have one spider so it's not really a tarantula room but it's the only room in the house with a captive spider lol. My sling is always so cute! Whenever I talk sometimes the sling moves around it's pretty cute. It will move closer to me. I think it's because of vibration I tend to be pretty loud when I talk I know they can't hear but they have pretty great hairs that help them with vibrations and chemicals.

Cyriocosmus

Arachnopeon
I'm having a great tarantula weekend. My Pamphobeteus sp. Cascada sling molted while I wasn't home! Gotta love this species. Always on display, beautiful colors, fast grower, eats everything. Don't tell the others, but this buddy is one of my favorites. :happy:

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Introduced my spiders to my roommate's family and everyone loved them! I was expecting negative comments and didn't get any. :)

Cyriocosmus

Arachnopeon
Someone here might or might not be about to order 5 first instar Cyriocosmus ritae slings :angelic:

Also, I finally got Drosophilas as feeders for the small C. aueri.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
G. porteri scared the crap out of me before I left for work, had a few legs curled under and didn't look like she was grooming or anything. She's super skittish so I moved her enclosure to see what she would do and she didn't even flinch. Finally fanned out after I picked her entire house up. I swear these things just loooove giving me a heart attack every so often.

Cyriocosmus

Arachnopeon
A friend gifted me a Brachypelma albiceps sling! 😍 (Because I helped him with his studies) I can't wait til it becomes a gorgeous adult. (in like 10 years or so)

Last edited:

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Picked up another T. Albopilosum and another Avicularia from a local hobbyist.
Love this species.
6D58502C-A9E8-4900-8251-D7B881A25C2F.jpeg

Last edited:

Cyriocosmus

Arachnopeon
Almost everybody had a good munch tonight. Also found my Pterinopelma sazimai in mid-molt, yay!

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
Fed all the spiders, slings in my collection. Beautiful day, birds flitting around outside and my grandkids ooohing and awhing over the spiders.

This is such an amazing hobby...really educational.

784CE9D9-4BC9-46D1-A503-B05A324098D0.jpeg

scooter1685

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My tiny little 2i Aphonopelma chalcodes molted! When stretched out all the way now, it's still only about 1/3 inch DLS.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Received and housed 4 new P.rufilata slings today.Very pleased.1in (2.54cm DLS).Made it through the heat with no issues.
Pics will be posted to my pictures when they settle in,and get the first feeding.