Today in the Spider Room?

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Big feeding session last night! 4/6 Ts ate since the lady at the pet store gave me 2 extra crickets. T. albo got two since I'm worried she's got a sucking stomach issue and my flawed logic says I should notice her putting on size if I gave her one of the extras. N. coloratovillosus tagged the cricket like a little demon, GBB seems to have FINALLY gotten a handle on the whole "hunting for your prey" thing, and my A. chalcodes took 15 minutes to find her cricket. All the while my B. hamorii bulldozed dirt.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
Well my Phormictopus sp southern hispaniola slings are about a moult away from being too large for their current 4X4X4 AMAC boxes.

3ACF95F8-C4DB-4CE1-860F-29E8C3237705.jpeg
I've got a group of theses enclosures 5” high, got another group on order. By next Friday I'll be rehousing my slings....they will be Soooo pissed off. :bag:

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
Well my Phormictopus sp southern hispaniola slings are about a moult away from being too large for their current 4X4X4 AMAC boxes.

View attachment 349046
I've got a group of theses enclosures 5” high, got another group on order. By next Friday I'll be rehousing my slings....they will be Soooo pissed off. :bag:
I like that very much. I have some smaller size of those as enclosures for mealworms. Where did you find this size?

jurgenph

Arachnopeon
my Avicularia avicularia sling was in the middle of molting this morning when i flicked on the light.
it's chilling in it's web castle right now

and on a not so happy note, i had my first casualty... C. versicolor sling that i thought was going to molt just a day or two after receiving it looks to be a s dead as a doornail today. :(

J.

Table

Arachnosquire
Fed my T's last night, and i finally got my grammostola pulchra to eat <3

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Nhandu coloratovillosus has turned into a mini bulldozer since Sunday and it's delightful to watch. Her abdomen isn't very at all dark but she's starting to seal off her hide so I'm expecting a bigger, fluffier spider in a few weeks.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Today in the tarantula room, my LP is losing her "1.5x DLS in vertical space" privileges.

Adrinium

Arachnosquire
My new A. chalcodes, Coconut, chewed on a superworm for a bit and then dropped it to take a drink then went to pick the worm back up but it was stuck to the webbing on the ground and so she just kept pulling and pulling on the worm like she was fighting with a ghost tarantula idk but she won against it in the end i guess

Cyriocosmus

Arachnopeon
My GBB must've molted while I wasn't looking. Haven't seen it for some days and now I can see its legs stucking out of the net and they are so looong all of sudden. I was suspecting premolt, as its abdomen was real big and its colors dark.

Edit: My Caribena versicolor must've molted as well, its colors are so bright! Also, baby Cyriocosmus giganteus finally grabbed pre-killed prey - the secret seems to be to drop it right into its den. Baby Cyriocosmus sellatus is eating adult mealworm beetles now. So proud of the little ones.

Last edited:

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
I was shocked and excited to see that my AF Brachypelma boehmei molted last night. I let her dry a bit before pulling her molt this morning. It's huge, and she's enormous!

IMG_9525.jpg IMG_9524.jpg

She's just absolutely gorgeous!

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
First thing my mesomelas decided to do in it’s new home was to completely bury the water dish. Sigh.

Cyriocosmus

Arachnopeon
My Caribena versicolor was being a good girl/boy this night and delivered its latest molt right in front of the enclosure's door. Neat!

ConstantSorrow

Arachnosquire
(This was yesterday)

My B. hamorii sling made a huge cave for itself when I originally got it in March. The cave was all along the back wall so you see the entire interior of the cave. It eventually molted and stuffed the molt into the tunnel that leads to the exit. Then it just stayed down there. Getting thinner and thinner. There was a small opening where the stem of the fake plant goes down through the cave so I tried dropping in a mealie (squished the worm's head) and my sling pounced on that thing like crazy. Did that a few times but it still wouldn't come out unless I dropped the worm into the cave, though it always ate if I did. After listening to one of Tom Moran's podcasts yesterday, I decided to take a chance so I took the tongs and widened that space around the plant into something like a tunnel. An hour later, my sling was on the surface.
I think it forgot how to get out of its own burrow. Or it couldn't even tell there was an "out".
I just thought that was interesting. I know the rule is "Do not disturb the sealed burrow" but I think mine probably would have starved if I hadn't.

Adrinium

Arachnosquire
Thought my avic avic nancy was in premolt since she hasn't eaten in like a month but tonight she was like yeah that looks tasty and ate. plus happy dance :happy:

scooter1685

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I went camping for a few days with the older two of my children. Had fun, got outside and into the sun after so much time spent at home. It was great. Came home to find that 12 of my 22 tarantulas had molted while I was away.

Pretty sure they're plotting to get as big as they can very quickly so they can take over my house :embarrassed:

Marika

Arachnoangel
Not the best pic, but this is what my A. chalcodes sling did to her molt...hung it on the wall. And as you can see, she also poops on the wall...

DSC09874 – kopio.JPG

My G. pulchra refused food and she never does that, so maybe she's in pre-molt. It's been over a year since her last molt.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
Went on Craigslist and found someone in my area selling about 12 or so Tarantulas.

$80.00 later and I have this beautiful little girl.

B36276A0-7BBD-4219-80D4-52B89D9AB43F.jpeg

She was in a tiny little critter keeper, now she’s in a 4X4X4 AMAC box. She’s about 2” to 2.5”... the seller was telling me that she was only about 1.5” to 1.75”...at any rate, very pleased. :cool: