Today in the Spider Room?

Dovey

Arachnobaron
So what notable thing happened in your spider room today? Here's what's notable in mine. I'm a little spooked out. Spiders are so intuitive somehow. They just seem to know things sometimes.

Today is the first day that we may have 100 degree temperatures here in Phoenix. It's been really warm for about 2 weeks, so we've had the air conditioner on and the door is closed. As far as my spiders know, it's a normal april with temperature in the low-to-mid 70s. I go to check on the spiders this morning, and my beautiful male New River Rust Rump chalcodes has gone to Spider Jesus. Today. First real summer temperature day.

And who knew, because we're like 20 degrees above the average temperature right now, but the air conditioner is on. He lasts until today of all days. I find this very weird, but you know what? It's truly summer when the boys of LAST Summer are finally ready to give it up to a new generation and finally give up the ghost. Mind how you go, sexy pants. I just hope I get a sac with your genes in it, you good-looking son of a gun. :bigtears:

BUT... I did get the most adorable little A. Metallica sling from Beau, a guy I met on Craigslist, and his adorable son--both of whom will be at the Predators event in Mesa this weekend along with several of us Arachnoboarders. They're good people. I know this because my bearded dragon told me so. He's a real dowsing stick for people of character. He just knows who's worth knowing. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
My other human and I had a major rehouse, new enclosure is a two bedroom house so I can have a spider room :D

The official name for the spider room is The Chamber of Understanding, the noteworthy thing that happened was putting book cases in there. I'm crazy excited to set it up, then I can finally get some more T's :astonished: I'm gettin' the shakes, I need those sweet T's!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
My other human and I had a major rehouse, new enclosure is a two bedroom house so I can have a spider room :D

The official name for the spider room is The Chamber of Understanding, the noteworthy thing that happened was putting book cases in there. I'm crazy excited to set it up, then I can finally get some more T's :astonished: I'm gettin' the shakes, I need those sweet T's!
Loved the name, 'The Chamber of Understanding' :)

18 years ago I knowed a man (probably now he would be in his 70) that was nicknamed 'Bat-Man' (not because he was a fan of the DC Comics hero, but because he was an amateur drummer and here in Italy the drum is called batteria, so that's why 'Bat') and since he was also a (quite interesting) amateur painter, he created a wood little house nearby the Po river where he loved to paint and called that wood house 'La capanna della tecnica del buio' which means 'Dark technique hut', ah ah ah he was funny as hell... I loved to 'collect' those people :pompous:

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
Loved the name, 'The Chamber of Understanding' :)

18 years ago I knowed a man (probably now he would be in his 70) that was nicknamed 'Bat-Man' (not because he was a fan of the DC Comics hero, but because he was an amateur drummer and here in Italy the drum is called batteria, so that's why 'Bat') and since he was also a (quite interesting) amateur painter, he created a wood little house nearby the Po river where he loved to paint and called that wood house 'La capanna della tecnica del buio' which means 'Dark technique hut', ah ah ah he was funny as hell... I loved to 'collect' those people :pompous:
Nice! The house is Kettu Keep, or simply, The Keep. The apartment we moved out of was The Tower.

I really wish people named their houses more.

Dovey

Arachnobaron
I really wish people named their houses more.
In their hearts, they do. The question is do they listen to their hearts? And the translations can get a little tricky, also. I'm living in my parent's house at present. We are a fairly happy extended family going through a period of great personal growth and economic upheaval. This house could be called Sunset House, but it would more accurately be called "house where the view saved my parent's marriage."

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
Today in the spider room I've got a little jumper living in my Stanwellia grisea enclosure. He can get out of the enclosure easy but he's decided to live dangerously and eat the endless fungus gnats who've set up shop in there. Little butt tried to walk over the grisea's carapace but was flicked off, hope he does his job and controls the gnats because these damn things are driving me insane :rage:

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
So what notable thing happened in your spider room today? Here's what's notable in mine. I'm a little spooked out. Spiders are so intuitive somehow. They just seem to know things sometimes.

Today is the first day that we may have 100 degree temperatures here in Phoenix. It's been really warm for about 2 weeks, so we've had the air conditioner on and the door is closed. As far as my spiders know, it's a normal april with temperature in the low-to-mid 70s. I go to check on the spiders this morning, and my beautiful male New River Rust Rump chalcodes has gone to Spider Jesus. Today. First real summer temperature day.

And who knew, because we're like 20 degrees above the average temperature right now, but the air conditioner is on. He lasts until today of all days. I find this very weird, but you know what? It's truly summer when the boys of LAST Summer are finally ready to give it up to a new generation and finally give up the ghost. Mind how you go, sexy pants. I just hope I get a sac with your genes in it, you good-looking son of a gun. :bigtears:
“Spider Jesus”? T-sus?!

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron

okay ive been talking about this alot (mostly because im salty) but i have been looking for a p audix for about 2 years now and i have seen 3 in that time span and i was ecstatic when i saw one and then caught it well imagine my face when after i put some fruit flies in its enclosure and i opened up the sealed tight critter keeper it was housed in to see... nothing... it escaped...

Spider Jesus
you mean https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC178kThBUvGNps5cabRP_2Q

Last edited by a moderator:

MSRT

Arachnopeon
When your computer desk doubles as your spider feeding desk, sometimes complications arise, like me yesterday forgetting the B vagans molt I left by my keyboard and absentmindedly rubbing it between my fingers while reading an article. My pointer finger was itchy for the rest of the day... :dead:

Dovey

Arachnobaron
When your computer desk doubles as your spider feeding desk, sometimes complications arise, like me yesterday forgetting the B vagans molt I left by my keyboard and absentmindedly rubbing it between my fingers while reading an article. My pointer finger was itchy for the rest of the day... :dead:
OMG, been there done that bought the cortisone!

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I've been moving things around to make room for new adds that will be coming fairly soon. That is all that is happening in the tarantula room today. Tomorrow buying new enclosures to put in the cleared spaces. Sunday I will be setting them up.

Dovey

Arachnobaron
Oooo! Oooo! Got a box of spiders at FedEx today! Can't wait to get home to the spider room with a bed in it and start getting these guys housed! RED LETTER DAY: Four kinds of Phormictopus alone! I'm so excited I could absolutely pee in my shoes!:D:D:D:D:cold::):smug: :shy: <---(each smiley represents a different spider in the order)

Lekage

Arachnopeon
Watching my daughter use my feeder tweezers to pinch her chin in thought (that had just squished some mealworm heads) , as we discuss her math. Then telling her about it.

Dovey

Arachnobaron
Watching my daughter use my feeder tweezers to pinch her chin in thought (that had just squished some mealworm heads) , as we discuss her math. Then telling her about it.
You are a TERRIBLE person. You know she'll be the one picking out your rest home, right? No in-room hottub for you, my friend. :oldman:

Tia B

Arachnopigeon
Oooo! Oooo! Got a box of spiders at FedEx today! Can't wait to get home to the spider room with a bed in it and start getting these guys housed! RED LETTER DAY: Four kinds of Phormictopus alone! I'm so excited I could absolutely pee in my shoes!:D:D:D:D:cold::):smug: :shy: <---(each smiley represents a different spider in the order)
What'd you get, what'd you get!?