Toad Pictures...

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
In the spirit of all the other I thought perhaps a Toad picture thread would be interesting! so anyone who has em post away!!!

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Toad 1

Toad 2
note: The 2nd toad puffed up like that on it's own, I was being careful in handling it but it decided to inflate :?

Last edited:

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
is the first frog a bufo boreas? and what is wrong with the foot on the second oe? nice toads though thanks for posting!

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Posted a better picture of the first one(read: different, not blurry), I am pretty sure that it is a Bufo boreas though.

I honestly have no idea what was wrong, or what caused the toe to be like that; but i took the toad home, lanced the mass/inflated part and it was full of pus. after cleaning that out i kept the toad for about two weeks until the toe healed...

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well that was good of you! that Bufo boreas is great. Thanks for posting those! did you just catch those aroubd where you live?

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I still like my good ol' southern toads. Don't have any pictures of the fat male at my store though. ;)

CopperInMyVeins

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I don't keep any toads, but here's a picture of the a big Bufo marinus I saw a guy carrying around at a reptile expo, I remember it looking a lot bigger in person. They were selling for $160 here.