To the people I sent c. sculpts to last summer...

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm just curious if any are still alive, or produced babies. I know some people wrote me and said they had babies shortly after receiving them. I've totally forgotten who I sent them to, but I know they ended up all over the country. Not sure what the life span of a c. sculp is but it was pretty cool finding homes for the ones in my yard and giving them a "second chance". This summer I only found 15, compared to over 100 last summer. Can't complain about that, it is much less stressful not constantly living in fear of getting stung in my home...I can kind of relax now...(kind of). Anyway, just wondering if any of the little ones are still around. :)

Treynok

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I kept you updated periodically. The 5 you sent me are now 20+ easily there is no way for me to get a definite count on them I only know there are 20+ adult / near adult now and many little ones too many to count. It was awesome to have been able to receive these and I still keep them communal in a 10 gallon though if they keep going I will either have to start splitting them to other tanks, moving them to a larger tank, or spreading the wealth once I have the next spring breeding.

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yes, you are the one I hear from once in awhile, and I'm sorry, I could not remember who it was until now. I'm sooooo happy they have lived on and produced so many babies (and not in my yard!). What is the average lifespan for them?

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Around 5 years I believe, most buthids have a short lifespan like that. Lots of time to produce many many babies lol.