• New Classifieds - Open Beta

The New Classifieds have entered Open Beta status and are now viewable to all registered users.

Our New Classifieds can be reached by clicking "Classifieds" in the forum toolbar or menu. Any ads posted in the New Classifieds should be considered "real ads" and must follow our updated Classifieds Terms and Rules. Ads that do not meet our updated Classifieds Terms and Rules will be deleted, and warnings, without points, will be issued. While our current Classifieds forums will remain viewable during the Open Beta period, and current ads posted there can be bumped, new ads must be posted in our New Classifieds so you can familiarize yourself with the new format. The Classifieds forums will be closed once the Open Beta period ends.

A tutorial on how to use the New Classifieds has been created and can be found here.

To mist or not to mist

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have two slings one is a Mexican Red Leg (Brachypelma emilia) and the other is a Brazilian Salmon Tarantula (Lasiodora parahybana) do I mist their enclosures at all? or should I mist the enclosure but only the walls of it??

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
With slings I mist the side of the wall of the container. You dont ever want to mist the T itself, just the walls or the substrate. A lot of the time slings will drink off the walls and even pick up substrate and suck the water out of it. Most slings at .5" and under I keep on the moist side.

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
if theyre too small for a chapstick cap, just mist one of the corners of the enclosure or one side of the vial/cup. if it's a high humidity T, i also give it an all around mist from like 12" above the enclosure. the mist will settle on their webbing and they also get it from there. :D

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
keep the l. para's enclosure somewhat humid. with a humidity gradient through the tank.