To flick..or not to flick..that is my question?

pink'n'curly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi all

gotta question for you experts out there....do Brachypelma albopilosa's flick hairs? i have checked various T info sites and they seem to disagree on this matter, I also read that Ts that don't flick hairs are more aggressive yet curlys are supposed to be docile,so i assume that they do flick?... Its a good thing we have forums or us noobs would never know whats going on!
Thanks guys!
:?

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i believe they are capable of flicking hairs. It may just be their usually docile temperment that they don't as often.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Unless it has changed they should go under "albopilosum" and they are said to be very docile... and I want one ;)

So that might be the reason for why it isn't flicking, eventhough it's able to.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's Brachypelma albopilosum, I understand why you put albopilosa though.

As for the kicking of the hairs, yes in nature they can. Do they? rarely. I would say they kick more as slings and juvies then adults.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They can and do. Neither one of mine do it, but they sure can.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My juvie kicks hairs all the time. Is very skittish but i believe they grow out of this. They are NW spiders with patches of urticating hairs, so they do have the ability to.

pink'n'curly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for your help guys, i thought curlys could flick but got a bit confused, there are a lot of dodgy sites with bad info out there, just glad i can ask you guys.
plus sorry for miss spell on th latin name, im sure i got that spelling from another site too!
:wall: