To cold?

Tdcandama96

Arachnopeon
Went and checked on my darling A. Avic. Earlier she was soaking in her water dish ( for about 5 hours ) but when I looked in on her she was curled up on the sub, but not on her back like for molting. I poked her slightly with the tweezers and she lethargically threw a leg up, i poked her again and it took her about 3 minutes to climb up onto the side of the enclosure (she was laying next to it) Is it possible she's to cold or just sleeping? my house is 69 F but it feels chilly in my room.
she was curled up right beside the dish
20170107_200550.jpg 20170107_200537.jpg

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Doesn't sound good. Soaking in the water u got it too dry in there. I mist the substrate and webs in my two pinktoe enclosures twice a week. I would add moisture and try to get it to eat something. Been misting my pinktoes for 2.5 years btw.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
i like to keep a thermometer in my room so i can regulate temps better. 69s a bit too low imo. generally, sitting around water dish all day is a sign that the spider wants more moisture.

Tdcandama96

Arachnopeon
i like to keep a thermometer in my room so i can regulate temps better. 69s a bit too low imo. generally, sitting around water dish all day is a sign that the spider wants more moisture.
i put her new enclosure in her old enclosure, so it could warm up a bit ( have the doors open to help vent ) and im going to mist it. I figured that was what was wrong I just wanted to double check before doing anything in case I was wrong again :playful:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
i put her new enclosure in her old enclosure, so it could warm up a bit ( have the doors open to help vent ) and im going to mist it. I figured that was what was wrong I just wanted to double check before doing anything in case I was wrong again :playful:
insulation helps keep in heat, it doesnt produce it. if theres nothing producing heat the new cage, having the old cage around it wont do anything.;)

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
And don't bother misting, just pour water onto the sub or overflow the bowl.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
And don't bother misting, just pour water onto the sub or overflow the bowl.
misting to add humidity is pretty useless, but i like to mist my avics once aweek and after molts to give them a chance to drink from a different source. ive seen viper mention quite often that some avics just dont drink from water bowls.

Tdcandama96

Arachnopeon
insulation helps keep in heat, it doesnt produce it. if theres nothing producing heat the new cage, having the old cage around it wont do anything.;)
obviously ;)
I use a lamp for the moment and didn't feel comfortable setting the lamp on top of her sterlite container, so that's why i put her in the old enclosure. :embarrassed:

Tdcandama96

Arachnopeon
misting to add humidity is pretty useless, but i like to mist my avics once aweek and after molts to give them a chance to drink from a different source. ive seen viper mention quite often that some avics just dont drink from water bowls.
I've been overflowing the water bowl though, i've had to fill it twice today because after the first 'bath' she drug moss into the bowl, so i had to dump it and overflowed it again.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Ya I have to drop water on the web for my avic, she always drinks from it too. So I have a feeling she's one of the ones that doesn't like to drink from the water bowl.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I've been overflowing the water bowl though, i've had to fill it twice today because after the first 'bath' she drug moss into the bowl, so i had to dump it and overflowed it again.
yeah thats fine, they dont care too much if the humidity's high, as long as the vent is too.

Tdcandama96

Arachnopeon
Ya I have to drop water on the web for my avic, she always drinks from it too. So I have a feeling she's one of the ones that doesn't like to drink from the water bowl.
I would drop water on her web if she had one :cool:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Be careful with light bulb heat sources as they can dry the T out pretty quick. With the winter heat going Ts can get pretty dry.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Also be careful with too much humidity for your ventilation. Avics don't live long in swampy/high moisture enclosures.

Tdcandama96

Arachnopeon
I'm not sure if she's in pre molt or dieing. She's SUPER lethargic, and keeps crunching up. /: there's not much else I can do at this point.
She's got a full water dish, and plenty of ventilation.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I'm not sure if she's in pre molt or dieing. She's SUPER lethargic, and keeps crunching up. /: there's not much else I can do at this point.
She's got a full water dish, and plenty of ventilation.
Do you have a spot that is warmer than the 69 degrees that you can sit her till it warms up more? I'm worried about the light as I have read that it causes dehydration in Ts if you leave it on them too long.

Good luck.

Tdcandama96

Arachnopeon
Do you have a spot that is warmer than the 69 degrees that you can sit her till it warms up more? I'm worried about the light as I have read that it causes dehydration in Ts if you leave it on them too long.

Good luck.
I have her in the warmest spot possible. Like I said, not much else I can do. Just hope she pulls through.

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I keep all my T's at around 70 but it does drop to 68 or so sometimes and I don't have any problems with them. I also keep them bone dry with small water bowls that I fill only sometimes. It is possible that your T might be trying to molt. Not being on it's back isn't the best indicator. You may have caught it before it flipped over. Other options could be some sort of illness or parasite. Other than that, it might just feel like being lethargic. I'd keep a close eye on it but don't bother it. Just wait and see what happens. Even if something is wrong, there isn't much you can do about it. The best thing in 99 cases out of 100 that a T owner can do is leave it be. I wish there was some kind of guide book that spelled out exactly how to fix any problem that can occur with T's but until that book comes along most things are best guess scenarios. Good luck with it and I hope everything turns out fine.