To Bomb...or Not to Bomb???

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
So, throughout the last year I've managed to lose 3 OBT slings a few dubia nymphs and countless crickets. My roommates have all moved out and I'm on my way out as well. There's a VERY small chance that the OBTs are still alive, a good chance the dubia are and the crickets are less than concerning. After I move out would it be appropriate for me to bomb the house to try and kill anything off or should I just turn in the keys and hope that 6 months from now someone isn't coming into my pet store to identify a "weird spider they found on their wall"?

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would feel really horrible if I left a possibly escaped T, especially if it bite someone :( My vote is to bomb.

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I agree with NikiP. Either take care of it yourself or inform the landlord (?) about the possibility of escapees.

billopelma

Arachnolord
Old Timer
If the obt slings were fairly small, I wouldn't worry about it. I've found that house spiders are very efficient at cleaning up those sorts of things.

Bill

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If the obt slings were fairly small, I wouldn't worry about it. I've found that house spiders are very efficient at cleaning up those sorts of things.

Bill
lost em at 3rd instar. and that was about 6 months ago. havent seen them yet, tho i did see what looked to be a fuzzy looking spider all sucked dry and webbed up in the basement. so i dont know.

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
I would bomb there are liabilities with leaving a "maybe" live T. in a house. If it is alive and bites someone you could be held liable for medical and punitive damages.