Tired of P. trans molts?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I can't help it, here's another one (Brian, this one that came from one of your scorps). It's always been the smallest of the other two and I've always guessed it was an instar behind the others. Right now it's the biggest one. Now a third one is about to molt.. the one on the left and in the last pic. The ones I have thoroughly clear an area before a molt, usually pushing things out of the way with their tail. And it looks to me like they make a very shallow bowl and then turn upside down in it. The one about to molt has a broken telson so, I'm curious to see how that's going to trun out. Should be ok but, you never know.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Been happening here as well. Here is a sibling to yours I am keeping

Check out Mama Meatloaf :D She's gonna drop another ton of babies before long

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
ROCK! How long is M&M? Hard to tell from the pic. I feel like I read on a website that these catch and eat small mice and lizards in the wild, in addition to arthropods of course. I've never seen a live adult before. Catch, kill and eat small mice?... that doesn't sound right to me. Can they really get big enough to do that? I know they have the "personality" to do it{D . I don't plan on trying it if it's true. I'm just curious to know if the info is correct.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It would have to be a small mouse lol. Even my fat bootied girls seem to prefer smallish crickets. The females are over 4" so yeah they reach an impressive size both lenghtwise and width (girth)

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I hope I get to see them at 4+ inches. Third one with the broken telson just molted. A little bit of new telson growth but not much. At least it has a very sharp point, so I'm guessing it's functional now. It's short and doesn't look very sharp in the pic but it is.