Tips on raising/breeding lobster roaches

Grim91Z

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, tired of crickets I ordered some online that will be coming in tomorrow. What are some tips about husbandry? Would keeping them in a 56 quart tub with ventilation, a controlled heat pad, and some "water gel" suffice? Where I can find egg crates without buying 10 dozen eggs? I hear dry cat food is great for eatery. Thanks.

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They climb!!! The tub sounds good, just use olive oil, or vaseline arond the top to keep them in. otherwise your setup sounds good. They will breed like a bomb! So watch out.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you can spit and hit the ground then you can raise them. I keep them in a tub with the top off and a ring of vaseline around the sides. They eat virtually anything but seem to really like canteloupe and other juicy fruits.

Grim91Z

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks! I read about that trick to keep them from climbing out. Where can I find egg crates? I never see them for sale (unless I'm just blind).

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks! I read about that trick to keep them from climbing out. Where can I find egg crates? I never see them for sale (unless I'm just blind).
some of the roach dealers or general invert dealers sell them. there are websites (non bug related) that sell them too.

james

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lobsters

They are super easy, heat and food and they breed like crazy. I prefer the bug boundary because it dries out so your not always getting vaseline or oil on your arms. Plus it last longer and is no affected by warm temps.
James
www.blaberus.com