Tiger Rump or Greenbottle Blue?

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:D BOTH! :D

There has been speculation that these two spiders actually belong to the same genus. I wonder why...? Here is a picture of them, side by side for your observation. Can you tell which is which?

Jon

T

Tarantula

My guess is that the GBB is on the right and the C fasciatum is on the left. I could very well be wrong.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Nah, you're right, GBB is on the right. When they're slings they have pink legs with black boots, the Tigerrump has dark legs throughout.

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
HOW CUTE!:D

I really want a green bottle blue.. haven't yet found one here. I have a tigerrump sling already, about .75" right now. What a cutie! She(?) hasn't even started to show stripes yet. I hope to get a GBB soon, then I can compare for myself.;)

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

geez, those look great, man now i'm thinking about getting those arrgghhh, no i must focus on whats at hand, but those look really nice cool pics--Jeff

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yep. The GBB is on the right. Even though the tiger rump (left) has a slightly larger body, the GBB has longer legs. Quite frankly, the GBB sling really kind of reminds me of pink toe s'ling.

Its observations like these that make me even more interesed in this hobby. Thinking of the evolutionary aspects of these bugs. Like with the GBB -- maybe it was one of the evolutionary links between arborial and terrestrial spiders -- maybe the pterrors too.

And how some of the new world spiders lack urticating hairs and are bitey like their old world counterparts such as the Puerto Rican Pygmy and the Trinidad Chevron. Maybe they were the old world/new world connection. Or how they developed in very similar niches w/in the ecosystem and thus developed similar characteristics to their old world counterarts.

I could be way off, but I do like to think about it.

Jon

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
after a long time searching, i finally got a hold of 9 greenbottle blue slings. they are absolutely precious and i've had 4 successful molts in the last 2 weeks! arent they beautiful!? cant wait till they get bigger though. i've heard that raising GBBs is a great experience because they change appearance so much as they grow. everyone should get a GBB sling!!!

kellygirl

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is my dream spider!!! I will get 100 of them if I could. :D

Originally posted by kellygirl
after a long time searching, i finally got a hold of 9 greenbottle blue slings. they are absolutely precious and i've had 4 successful molts in the last 2 weeks! arent they beautiful!? cant wait till they get bigger though. i've heard that raising GBBs is a great experience because they change appearance so much as they grow. everyone should get a GBB sling!!!

kellygirl

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
are there any people on this board currently doing a breeding project with greenbottles? i'd like to get some more, eventually.

kellygirl

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
are there any people on this board currently doing a breeding project with greenbottles? i'd like to get some more, eventually.

kellygirl
Long time no see. Hmmm...School must be back in session?

I just got mine from swifty. I think I have seen them being sold by a few of the other big dealers too.

Jon

caligulathegod

Arachnodeity
Old Timer
I ordered a GBB from Swifty Thursday afternoon. I haven't heard anything back at all, though, like when I should expect it or if it's even still available.

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i typically like to order from breeders rather than dealers when getting slings because i like to get several of the same species. i cant buy GBB in bulk with the prices that most dealers have.

kellygirl

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

kellygirl
I have an adult female and a 3" unsexed that I have raised from a tiny ling. the smaller GBB has a very strong feeding response and is very hardy. gotta love the color changes!
Ed

caligulathegod

Arachnodeity
Old Timer
Originally posted by caligulathegod
I ordered a GBB from Swifty Thursday afternoon. I haven't heard anything back at all, though, like when I should expect it or if it's even still available.
Ok, he got me. Everythings going through. Glitch in the form. Can't wait.

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
here are some pics i took of 2 a couple of my GBB slings. it's with a webcam so it's not the best quality. sorry. :(

kellygirl