Thoughts on Bioactive Enclosure for Tarantulas?

liquidfluidity

Arachnoknight
I have just the controller. Do you maybe have a picture or link to the positioning of the fan(s) ? I build gaming PCs so I also have lots of fans around ;) Thanks for the tip!

Dorifto

He who moists xD
I have just the controller. Do you maybe have a picture or link to the positioning of the fan(s) ? I build gaming PCs so I also have lots of fans around ;) Thanks for the tip!
You are welcome!

Being arboreal I'd place it just in the middle with two protective grilles to prevent any injuries.

That's the power supply I use, works very well and has thermal protection to prevent issues.
I run two 12v fans and two 120cm led lamps with 3 led tubes each. No problems.

liquidfluidity

Arachnoknight
So you're running them directly inside?

I have a 5 channel controller that I use for lights, mister, etc 👍

Dorifto

He who moists xD
So you're running them directly inside?

I have a 5 channel controller that I use for lights, mister, etc 👍
Not inside, but outside, and extracting the air, so the only air entering the enclosure comes from the bottom. This keeps the enclosure more estable. You can see the speed controler at the back, it's a simple one that I use to crank them up a bit on summer, they usually run at iddle or low rpm the most part of the year.

IMG_20200619_204603__01.jpg

You can make a dual setup, keeping one constantly, and one controlled via hygrostat so it only switches on to prevent spikes or undesired conditions.

liquidfluidity

Arachnoknight
That's a pretty sweet idea. I also have a pretty slick fan controller that I put aside for a rainy day. Hmmm, got me thinking now. Thanks!

liquidfluidity

Arachnoknight
Some say why, I say why not!
Just finished this a couple of weeks ago. Luckily she used the cork bark as I intended. Waiting to see what kind of humidity this maintains once the "set up" watering has dried down. She seems to love it so far.

20220227_110559.jpg 20220301_191851.jpg