thought my flat rock was dead

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
well i was taking care of my critters, and i opened up my Hadogenes troglodytes tub, and it was laying there bloated....i took my paint brush and nudged it...no movement, then i tried again, and it barely twitched, then it would try and close a pincer....i thought for sure it was dead or close to it...so sadfully i sat it aside, and took care of everyone else....as i was doing so, i happened to look at my scorp again, and to my suprise the first pic, is what i seen...then i thought to myself, duh, never thought of that...so i thought i would share some pics....the first one with the molt gone is right after the molt, then the last pic is about a week from then (today)..

Last edited:

BAM1082

Arachnoknight
Awesome photos!

Mine looks about the same lol. Been waiting for her to molt for 2-3 months now.

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Great pics. Lucky you it wasn't the other situation.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
thats so cool i love the way scorpians molt there like popping out of their mouths or at least thats the way it seems

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
thank you me too

Yes, I'm glad it molted successfully!

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

thanks...yeah i had no idea she was even going to molt again, she hasnt molted at all since i got her, and i thought she wouldnt...but still cool, and i was hoping to find a male for her sometime...atleast i think its a her..

Awesome photos!

Mine looks about the same lol. Been waiting for her to molt for 2-3 months now.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

yeah kinda crazy, especially the claws facing backwards

Neat! Much more 'snake-like' than the T's...

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

thanks...yeah i really did think she was dieing....i like her better than my emporers, cant figure out why...but do

Great pics. Lucky you it wasn't the other situation.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

yeah its pretty crazy huh...this is the first one ive seen, usually with my smaller ones, i just find molts...

thats so cool i love the way scorpians molt there like popping out of their mouths or at least thats the way it seems

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think you might wanna be looking to get a female. A small comparison to the pics of when i had flat rocks would indicate you have a male due to the lenght of the tail segments. ofcourse i could be wrong, but that is just my standard disclaimer.

pavel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very cool series of pics! That one with the claws facing backwards was a trip. :eek: Once that exoskeleton hardens, it can't perform that trick again.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i thought that on scorpions you could only go by the pectines....but i really dont know i dont have enough experience in sexing them...either way i would like to get a mate...

I think you might wanna be looking to get a female. A small comparison to the pics of when i had flat rocks would indicate you have a male due to the lenght of the tail segments. ofcourse i could be wrong, but that is just my standard disclaimer.

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

yeah that was pretty crazy to look in there and see

Very cool series of pics! That one with the claws facing backwards was a trip. :eek: Once that exoskeleton hardens, it can't perform that trick again.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

thanks...yeah pretty crazy huh

glad she wasnt dead and its claw facing backwards is insane

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
well i am doing a trade ,and will be getting a female for my male this week. hoping to get some babies before too long......although if she does end up gravid, the babies will take a year and a half to be born, but im still looking forward to it..

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd probably be the same since I have zero personal experience with scorpions and I get easily attaced to living things(don't have a scorpion....yet). Don't they also put their tail down in molt just like they would if dead? I thought they put their tail down on the ground for both. :?

I missed the pics. Can I get a Photobucket address or something? :eek:

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah they put their tail down...i dont have the pics on photobucket, but can get them on there sometime, and then let you know..

I'd probably be the same since I have zero personal experience with scorpions and I get easily attaced to living things(don't have a scorpion....yet). Don't they also put their tail down in molt just like they would if dead? I thought they put their tail down on the ground for both. :?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
well i am doing a trade ,and will be getting a female for my male this week. hoping to get some babies before too long......although if she does end up gravid, the babies will take a year and a half to be born, but im still looking forward to it..
I had one that molted, then it mated and had babies but it didn't take as long as I heard. I don't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure it was less than a year. But I think that sometimes it does take a lot longer.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah, thats crazy how long it takes...by then i will have forgotten i even bred them...i just wish that i could keep the adults communal...but i have read that flat rocks like to fight.

I had one that molted, then it mated and had babies but it didn't take as long as I heard. I don't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure it was less than a year. But I think that sometimes it does take a lot longer.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
just recieved a female for my guy...gonna rehouse her this weekend then give her a little while and have a go at breeding them...i really hope she produces...it doesnt seem like very many people have these...

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ok man i just got all the pics put on photobucket, just for you....so here they are in molting order...let me know what you think

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/catfishrod69/DSCF3735.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/catfishrod69/DSCF3734.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/catfishrod69/DSCF3736.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/catfishrod69/DSCF3737.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/catfishrod69/DSCF3743.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/catfishrod69/DSCF3739.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/catfishrod69/DSCF3738.jpg