This is?

johnson

Arachnopeon
specimen from Malaysia,need a proper Id for this.
Hope someon heree knows something about these{D

thanks and have a nice day{D

johnson

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the kind comments pal,but still full of question marks in head.Genus,Species,Common name,Sex are all remained unknown:embarrassed:

toolrick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well in order to do that, you have to take batter pictures, specially to the eyes, that way we can identify Sp.
It looks like a huntsman though, but a close up to the eyes would help a lot.

Ricardo

Spider-Spazz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
OMG :eek:
i hope you find out what that is soon! i wouldn't mind looking around at dealers sites to find a baby like this.
so beautiful!

johnson

Arachnopeon
These are the other angles i got ai the mean time,forgive me for the poor quality,my old camera has a limitation in macro shots.Hope these help.

This pretty girl is quite a quick moving one.Hopefully there will be a moult and identifying would be much easier.

Thanks

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldnt resists finishing the "This is" title :p

melanie5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Huntsman spider. Heteropoda or Sparassidae.

Ricardo
Heteropoda=Sparassidae.
There are several Heteropoda species in Malaysia. Unfortunatly there is little info on the web about anything other then H venatoria, H boiei and H davidbowie (aka T modesta).

Tarantula_Hawk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Correct name today is Sparassidae. And why "aka T. modesta"? H. davidbowiei and T. modesta are two different species that have never been in synonymy.
Anyways, nice specimen. But the number of Sparassidae species in Malaysia and the amount of info we have about them (poor) makes the I.D. pretty hard.

melanie5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Correct name today is Sparassidae. And why "aka T. modesta"? H. davidbowiei and T. modesta are two different species that have never been in synonymy.
Anyways, nice specimen. But the number of Sparassidae species in Malaysia and the amount of info we have about them (poor) makes the I.D. pretty hard.
H davidbowie was known as T modesta. Revision has now put this species in the genus of Heteropodas. T modesta therefor no longer exists. But many people only know the former name.

Tarantula_Hawk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mind linking the source? Cause as far as Platnick's World Spider Catalogue goes, which is a pretty reliable and up-to-date source, H. davidbowie and T. modesta have nothing to do with each other. Both still exist as two distinct species.
The only thing i could find was "JÄGER, P. (2008): Revision of the huntsman spider genus Heteropoda Latreille 1804: species with exceptional male palpal conformations", which, of course, is also present in Platnick's bibliography (which, however, still lists them as two different species).
Did you have the chance to read this article? If yes, could you quote any part which says that T.modesta has been revised to H.davidowie?
It seems to me that, in the pet trade, what was being selled as "Orange huntsman" and which people assumed it to be T.modesta, was in reality H.davidowie (which doesnt mean that T.modesta doesnt exist anymore...)
Would like to know more about this, but for now i trust Platnick.

melanie5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I will find the article for you tonight, am on mobile phone now. T modesta was studied by peter jager. He has revised the genus.

melanie5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I found the article that was sent to me from Germany. On our German forum I was told by very knowlegeble people that T modesta is now H davidbowie.
I did not say T modesta doesn't exist.
Can you send me your e mail, I can't attach the file, because it's too big.

saltyscissors

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
on the subject of the blue huntsman, looks like it could be Heteropoda lunula, it's found in Malaysia and has a blue-ish tinge like this one does