This is what ten pounds of cork bark looks like

user 666

Arachnobaron
I'm running low on cork bark after having built 5 arboreal adult T enclosures, so last week I decided to risk buying more bark online.

The best deal I found was $65 for ten pounds of cork bark, shipping included. It's a lot more bark than I expected, and much higher quality.

P1040799.JPG
For reference, the big piece in the back is about two square feet. Each of the 4 tubes is over a foot long, and the Y-tube is even larger. There is enough here for at least ten enclosures, which is great. A single cork bark tube usually costs about $6 at a herp show (and they are usually only half as long), and the flats go for $10 or more.

Last edited:

IamKrush

Arachnopeon
I'm running low on cork bark after having built 5 arboreal adult T enclosures, so last week I decided to risk buying more bark online.

The best deal I found was $65 for ten pounds of cork bark, shipping included. It's a lot more bark than I expected, and much higher quality.

View attachment 243211
For reference, the big piece in the back is about two square feet. Each of the 4 tubes is over a foot long, and the Y-tube is even larger. There is enough here for at least ten enclosures, which is great. A single cork bark tube usually costs about $6 at a herp show (and they are usually only half as long), and the flats go for $10 or more.
N E has some some good prices on that sort or stuff

mconnachan

Arachnoprince

View attachment 243211
Yeah cork bark is extremely light, I'm surprised it wasn't more to be honest....ROFL....great buy though, you'll have some awesome looking enclosures.

archaeosite

Arachnosquire
That's where I bought a load of cork bark several years ago! I still haven't used the big slabs, as my babies are growing as slowly as can be expected. :) I'm actually really stoked to see that shop stocking more types of wood now, because I have been looking for a good source of unusual woods for terrarium and gardening projects. Thanks!