This is what I get for releasing a spider

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Is that why you have a picture of a guy pointing at gun at some one or something? :D
uh...that guy is me ;)

My own personal beef with personal searches and seizures is that here in the State of Indiana you can be arrested for refusing police to search your vehicle if you even act suspicious enough to be considered probable cause. To me that's un-Consitutional as I see my car as an extension of my home and possessing all of its rights. What law-abiding person isn't going to act fidgety when they get pulled over...reaching for identification, registration, proof of insurance, etc. They've gotten so used to people complying they take it for granted.

hmmm...I don't believe that is constitutional. Can you point me to the state law that says this? If there is such a law it needs to be challenged ASAP. When did this get passed if it is true? I'm sure the ACLU got involved. These people need to consult with a lawyer. Afaik, you have every right to refuse to let the police search your vehicle without a warrant. They also can not detain you indefinitely on the side of the road while they wait for a judge to issue a warrant...

I don't do anything illegal so there is no cause for them to search my vehicle until they arrest me for something that they can prove I did. But still I feel I have to submit to it because I don't want an arrest on my record, and no telling how I would possibly get it off my record.
You should be able to get it expunged provided there was no conviction. I think I have an arrest on my record from around 2000/2001, I went through a pretrial diversion program and avoided any official court time (save for going in front of the judge while in jail to have my bail set). Although, the program did cost me around $450 to enroll in their classes and a few random piss tests and 6 months of probation. So technically, I still got fined and punished...just not on the record.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
http://www.duianswer.com/faq.cfm#faq1174

Q: Can I refuse a search of my vehicle?

A: Yes. You have the legal right to refuse the search if you choose. The officer cannot arrest you simply for refusing to consent to a search of your vehicle. In some limited cases, however, your car can be searched without your permission or a warrant, as long as the police officer has probable cause to believe that you have committed a crime. Even if you think that what the officer is doing is illegal, do not resist. If the officer illegally obtains evidence against you, it cannot be used at trial.
However...you may be arrested for obstruction of justice but even that may be illegal.

Savvo

Arachnopeon
Be very careful when dealing with law enforcement, they will twist your words and make you say things you don't mean. They are masters of deception and trickery.

Black Widow88

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Be very careful when dealing with law enforcement, they will twist your words and make you say things you don't mean. They are masters of deception and trickery.
Exactly. So the best thing to do is to make sure that they have a valid ID and even then you should be careful. The world is crazy. Not like it used to be I'm afraid.....

Black Widow88

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
the world has always been crazy...just now there is a higher population density so you run in to the crazies way more often ;)

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Not that any of yall like rap but watch the video hip hop police by chamillionaire. They try to switch his words up and arrest him!!

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
who said I don't like rap??? I have a poster of 2pac on my closet door about 3 feet from me :) The one of "Until The End Of Time" where it's like a painting of him with his hands behind his back and looking off to the side...