this is not good

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
someone please help me my male tarantula is stuck in the screen and i cant open the cage becouse it will hit his leg what do i do i dont want him to get hurt?someone please tell me what to do

toan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
he's probably got one of the hooks on his toes in the screen. use tooth pick/pointy object to unhook or just clip screening.

toan

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
I take it you have a sliding screen lid? If so, can you remove the entire lid from the tank, or is the only way to get it off by sliding? If you can remove the entire lid, gently take it off and flip it over so the t is resting on the lid. You can also try building the substrate up under the T so that it can get the needed support for it's other legs to unhook the stuck one.

Scott

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
yeah thanks guys he crawled away from that spot so i gently slid it out the lil and rested a deli cup under him and did the tooth pick thing it worked i got him in a 20 gallon tank which i know is way too big for him i plan on going and getting a much smaller one so i can prevent this from happening since all he ever wants to do is get out thanks much-jason