This is getting very addictive!

M13

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I went up to a local garden centre and was browsing the reptile and spider section and spotted A.avicularia sling for £4.99!

A mate of mine has a Pinktoe and they look great, so I bought me 2 slings :)

For now I am housing them in little 'microwave' food pots that I buy 3 for a £1 at local pound shop.

The compost is still a little damp but I don't think it will make a huge difference (have dried most of it off)

Kain

Doezsha

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Your slings look great. and I have to agree that Ts are very addictive, I buy one from my local pet store every chance I get. ;)

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yes Ts are addictive.. and scorpions.. and frogs... and well anything that I can feed :) hahah congrats on your new babies! they look great.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hey, nice addition, avics are gorgeous in all their stages of life :D.

just make sure that they have an excessive amount of ventilation holes in those plastic boxes - especially if the substrate is still wet. nothing kills an avic sling as fast as damp, unmoving air. good luck raising them!

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
One T leads to multiple T's which leads to Scorps which leads to Pedes which is what's happening to me. Just enjoy the ride like I am. They are all fantistic pets.

Your slings are very cute. Nice choices.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
just make sure that they have an excessive amount of ventilation holes in those plastic boxes - especially if the substrate is still wet. nothing kills an avic sling as fast as damp, unmoving air. good luck raising them!

Congrats on the buy!

I agree with the above. Also, you don't need much substrate at all for those T's, instead go for a slightly higher box and instead put a few items in there on which the T's can climb and build small nests (they are arboreal afterall ;) ).

Good luck with them!

Yuki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You got to love anything thats under the category of "creepy crawly".:p oh and by the way your new baby is really cute.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
buying T's are very addicting I went from 1 to 12. And tomorrow I may buy 3 more which will give me 15.

I need help!!!!....Someone give me some money for tarantula therapy I promise not to use it to buy more T's. :liar:

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Haha, yeah, what an expensive habit collecting tarantulas actually is.....

Who knows how much I have spent on reptiles and arachnids over the years....could have bought a really nice car instead....ahhhh, sure is awesome though

BTW, love your pinktoe.....sooo cute~~~

:)