This hobby IS addicting!

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Godzilla2000
I just hope my landlords are copacetic with my T's. I mean it's not like they scratch things to pieces and mess on the carpet.
Are you permitted aquarium pets in your rental/leasing agreement? If so you should be in the clear. I don't think someone would put up a stink unless you were raising crickets or roaches.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have MSD, and need a fix.
I'll post my new spider after I buy one tomorrow.
I've been looking at a female Togo Starburst lately. H. maculata
Hopefully she's still there.:)

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
I started out with 1 innocent tarantula just a few days before Thanksgiving. Now I have 9 and have just got part of my tax refund so I'm cruising Kelly Swift's site....
It's all my brother's fault, if he hadn't brought that first one home when he was drunk I wouldn't be addicted now.

Leanne

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
Are you permitted aquarium pets in your rental/leasing agreement? If so you should be in the clear. I don't think someone would put up a stink unless you were raising crickets or roaches.
I just moved into an apartment a little over a week ago. Cats and dogs are allowed, and when asked what pets I had, I said a cat and fish tanks....never specified what was in the tanks. The manager responded by "well, we don't care about the fish tanks." LOL I wasn't going to admit that none of my tanks hold fish!
I wonder what my neighbors were thinking when they watched me bring a 55 gallon, 29 gallon, 20 gallon, Three 5 gallons, a ten gallon, and various small plastic containers into the apartment....

Leanne

Infinity

Arachnopeon
MSD and proud of it!

Originally posted by Code Monkey
Studies have shown that MSD is primarily aggravated by a loosely knit peer pressure system where other victims of this disease constantly egg one another on with colorful photos and exaggerated tales about how great such and such a species is. The more "in" a victim feels with his fellow sufferers, the greater and greater heights of spider mania he succumbs to. However, experts believe that in the absence of this constant re-infection by the currently uncharacterised pathogen, most victims will only exhibit mild symptoms.
At my office, I've been dubbed the "spider pimp" for getting one of my co-workers into the hobby with one conveniently placed A. seemani. His collection has grown to 6 or 7 little eight-legged freaks since then...

As for my own collection... :8o I haven't taken an "official" count recently, but my T numbering system is nearly at 200. Even with allowances for a handful of mature males, breeder loans and traded critters that are no longer in my possession, I've still got well over 100 bugs.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Buspirone
Actually there is not one thing about any kinds of pets we can or can't have. I mean they've so far let me own cats, 1 Guinea Pig, 1 Ferret, and 6 rats. I get the impression they really don't mind as long as the apartments are kept nice and neat.