Thinking about getting a new T..

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
What do you guys think is a cool big spider, easy to take care off dont really care about agrression, im thinking of getting another birdeater of some sort i already have a Lasiodora parahybana(very cool spider)i think something similar maybe with cooler colors is what im thinking any suggestions?

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Try a Pamphobeteus platyomma , colorful as a juvie. You could try an A. geniculata, or another of the LAsiodora genus "cristata".

Andy

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I REALLY dig the H.incei, especially from the sling size....

amazingly gorgeous colouration, from soft olive with orange in pink, to white flecks, to a deep russety orange with a starr-y deep olive colour on the carapace, and ending in adulthood with a soft greenish-brown colouration with some soft orangeish stripes on the abdomen, with a deep olive colour radiating around the whole T.

Or get a miranda (bengal ornamental i think) ! Seriously, my mate got one about a month or 2 ago, and its breathtaking. its a Poec, but its just amazing. Just very poec like, but there;s some blues and pinks and flecks of purple. Just amazing beautiful T's -- i havent talked to my mate in a while, but i want to see pics!!

or the staple blondi...

or possibly another parahybana. Can't go wrong with a gigas, either :)

peace,
good lucK!
dave

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You could always pick up a Theraphosa apophysis/ Goliath Pinkfoot, not many have them in thier collections so it would be a nice addition. T. apophysis is said to have a longer leg span then T. blondi, but not as bulky.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
haha see i just read that youwrote "BIG" in your post --

well, still, get an H.incei!

:)
peace
dave

alidpayne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would love to get my husband a P. miranda. He really loves the Poeciletherias. He has a P. formosa, ornata, and rufilata now but he wants them all.
ali

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There we go :)

He got his as a sub-adult. We're thinking female, based on exuvia, but.. still not SO sure...

what an astoudingly beautiful adult the miranda is...

!!!!!
good luck raising yours, J -- if you breed it, I will buy :)

peace
dave

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by jwb121377
You could always pick up a Theraphosa apophysis/ Goliath Pinkfoot, not many have them in thier collections so it would be a nice addition. T. apophysis is said to have a longer leg span then T. blondi, but not as bulky.

I have heard about people losing theres to molt deaths and such kinda like t.blondis, does this spider die easy is it hard to take care of...because i was thinking about getting one just, i dont wanna spend 125-200 bones on something that is going to die on me 6 months down the road, i know there is a chance with any T dying but i have heard that blondies and pink foots are harder to care after then most T's, im kinda intrested in Lasiodorides striatus they seem like a cool large T

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i've got a 1 inch t. blondi and she really isnt that difficult to care for...give her a nice hide, keep the humidity to about 85%, and keep her fed and she seems real happy.

Risto

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Sean
I have heard about people losing theres to molt deaths and such kinda like t.blondis, does this spider die easy is it hard to take care of...because i was thinking about getting one just, i dont wanna spend 125-200 bones on something that is going to die on me 6 months down the road, i know there is a chance with any T dying but i have heard that blondies and pink foots are harder to care after then most T's, im kinda intrested in Lasiodorides striatus they seem like a cool large T
Well it may be more prone to bad molts due to it's fast groth rate. I would treat as T. blondi if you get and pay mind to the moisture levels in the encloser.

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by jwb121377
Well it may be more prone to bad molts due to it's fast groth rate. I would treat as T. blondi if you get and pay mind to the moisture levels in the encloser.
out of the blondi and pink foot what is the cooler spider...if you have experience with both???

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
another thing

Does anyone know anything about Lasiodorides striatus??? they seem like cool spiders just wondering if people have any experience with them...thanks

Sean

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Sean
out of the blondi and pink foot what is the cooler spider...if you have experience with both???
Well at the moment I'm not kepping any T. apophysis, but I am kepping a T. blondi and think it is just awsome. It has such a strong feeding response that it will even attack drops of water. As for the cooler of the two I think it is kinda of 6 of one and half dozen of another. At least the T. blondi is cheaper so should you loose it to a bad molt it won't be as large a hit in the wallet.