These suckers are HOT and preggers!!

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I got these two Parabuthus species last week. Let me know if I should change their setups. I'm loving these two girls. They're absolutely gorgeous. I wanted to share them w/ you and see what ya'll think.:D

[YOUTUBE]N6vBf9NlXvQ[/YOUTUBE]

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Cool, I would put a cap of water in the corner, from something small like a water bottle. I like to use a flat rock they can go under also, making something like a mini lean-to, slightly propping up on end.

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Cool, I would put a cap of water in the corner, from something small like a water bottle. I like to use a flat rock they can go under also, making something like a mini lean-to, slightly propping up on end.
Thanks for that!! I've heard a lot of people say that they offer water once a month for the desert species. That's why there isn't one in there now. I'll go ahead and put one in for both of them like I do for my other scorps.

psychofox

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice additions:)

I would advise you to give them a deeper substrate, preferably mixed with excavator clay or a similar product, these critters love to burrow. And also as Galapoheros said, you should add some objects for them to burrow in under.

I would also do a bit differently regarding the humidity. Gravid females of Parabuthus species require more humidity than you'd might think in order to give birth. I have not bred P. liosoma myself yet, but a German breeder said that his keeping parameters included keeping the bottom two centimeters (2,5cm= 1 inch) of the substrate constantly wet. This should give you an idea. But if you increase the humidity, I would also advise you to increase the ventilation in yout enclosures.

Anyway, you've got yourself some awesome species, good luck with them!:)

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
All of the advice is greatly appreciated!! Here are some pics of these girls.

P. traansvalicus

P. liosoma(gravid)