Therphosa sp. ID

LV-426

Arachnobaron
I purchased a Therphosa from my LPS on saturday. I asked to look at the LPS's receipt because it has the scientific name of each species he buys. The receipt said Theraphosa blondi on it but i believe is a T. stirimi.

Attachments

LV-426

Arachnobaron
what are the ideal temps/humidity? I can get the temps up into the mid80s range in its enclosure, are the high 70s in tempurature ok for this species or do they need to be higher?

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
high 70's will be "ok", but better on the low 80's.

Keep the humidity high! :)

LV-426

Arachnobaron
well my device is showing temps at 84F and humidity is reading 95rh. hope thats ok. I actually wanted a stirmi over a true blondi.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Probably wc:mad:

Good luck with it, they are fantastic creatures.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What store did you get it from? I'm always looking for new places to look at/get Ts.....

LV-426

Arachnobaron
i got it at Pangea pets in Miami Lakes, if they dont have it they can get it for you. is there any place in Ft Lauderdale you go to for Ts.

Last edited:

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ahh yeah, I forgot about that place. You might even have been the one to tell me about it :rolleyes:

Two places in Pompano, Ben Siegel's and Underground Reptiles. Haven't been in a while, not sure what they've got kickin' around. Underground's pretty cool, they have hot snakes like rattlers and I think they even had a cobra (don't quote me on that).

Beautiful T. stirmi by the way, good luck with it :)