Thermostat/environmental controls

HOITrance

Arachnosquire
For those of you with high temp arids or heating multiple enclosures in a single space, I am curious what type of thermostat do you use?

I don’t have a large enough number of Arabian or African scorpions yet that warrant dropping $250 on a herpstat. I have been eyeing the Exo Terra one, but been seeing its hit or miss. I do want something with 12 hr cycles so I can set a daytime aroun 88-90 and night around 77.
I plan on heating a pair of exo terra medium lows (24x18x12) once I get more scorpions, but for the moment only concerned about heating the one.

Wanting to pick a A.bicolor and an LQ at the expo tomorrow, but that shelf only sits around 80-82 currently which is a tad low.

Thanks in advance!

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I use multiple Herpstats. Cheap amazon ones work fine too, but you're always gambling with cheap electronics. Most cheaper ones don't have day/night cycles either.

HOITrance

Arachnosquire
I use multiple Herpstats. Cheap amazon ones work fine too, but you're always gambling with cheap electronics. Most cheaper ones don't have day/night cycles either.
I had been curious about the exo terras, but I keep hearing about herpstat so that is the way I will probably go. Appreciate it! And yeah, I have adhd and shit memory, so a night cycle is a must lol

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I had been curious about the exo terras, but I keep hearing about herpstat so that is the way I will probably go. Appreciate it! And yeah, I have adhd and shit memory, so a night cycle is a must lol
I didn’t even know they had night cycle I got regular reptile pads for My roaches and I had to turn one down to 88 because it was warping my plastic .