Theraphosinae sp panama dropping one by one.

Did you keep them moist even as adults? I heard they are more dry driven as adults.
Hi
yes on the drier side.Moist a corner around the waterdish.I did kept moist patch near the burrow when they go in premoult and burrow themselves.
In regards of moisture in substrate coco fiber is easy to tell when is drying out as changes colour. As slings you want enough moisture so coco fiber is dark but not enough to drip water when you squeeze it or any condensation on the enclosure.
Regards Konstantin

spiderman336

Arachnopeon
Hi all
A little update on the 2 little ones for anyone interested.
There has been few successful moults since my latest postings and they are now around 2 5 inch DLS.Also managed to sex them as one female and a male.
A while ago I rehoused them in 1.3l braplast containers with sage peat and vermiculite mix as substrate. I currently keep only about 1/3 of the enclosure's substrate moist by overflowing the waterdish and offer food once a week.They are both voracious eaters and take large crickets with ease.
They still have a habit of sealing themselves when premoult.
I have spoken with few people that have adult females in regards of selling the male for breeding purposes due to how rare these are and chances are he will mature well before my girl but will see how that goes as he should have few moults yet before maturing.
I am still a little nervous about them every time they are in premoult.
Anyway below is a pictures of my boy enjoying a cricket as my girl is currently in premoult and sealed off.
Enjoy
View attachment 419325 View attachment 419326 View attachment 419327 View attachment 419328

Regards Konstantin
Hi
yes on the drier side.Moist a corner around the waterdish.I did kept moist patch near the burrow when they go in premoult and burrow themselves.
In regards of moisture in substrate coco fiber is easy to tell when is drying out as changes colour. As slings you want enough moisture so coco fiber is dark but not enough to drip water when you squeeze it or any condensation on the enclosure.
Regards Konstantin
thank you