Theraphosa

KenNet

Arachnosquire
Just ordered my first Theraphosa, a sexed female apophysis. Finally! So happy! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜πŸ˜ƒ
Let me know if you want to see her (I will probably show her anyway...rsrs) and if you have any recommendations to care for her in the best way (of course I did my research, but there's always something more to know)
Oh, those days till she arrives will pass sooooo slooooow...

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
They are the nicest looking species in the genus by far. If I were going to spend that kind of money, I would take a female apophysis over the other two in a heartbeat.

KenNet

Arachnosquire
I agree with you. I have wanted this spider since I started this hobby. Now I finally dare to spend the money to actually get one.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Congrats....of coarse put up pics.None of the 3 species from the genus will disappoint.They are all great looking T,s,regardless of the species.

KenNet

Arachnosquire
Thanks! I will post pictures πŸ‘
All the 3 are fascinating spiders, but I have only seen the blondi in real. Very impressive animal!

mellow

Arachnobaron
Nice! I am excited to see the pictures! I will probably get a Theraphosa blondi as my first Theraphosa species. 😁

KenNet

Arachnosquire
Great! Hope you can get one soon and don't have to wait as long as I have waited for mine πŸ˜ƒ May I ask why you prefer the blondi before the other 2? Availability, price...? Just curious.

mellow

Arachnobaron
Great! Hope you can get one soon and don't have to wait as long as I have waited for mine πŸ˜ƒ May I ask why you prefer the blondi before the other 2? Availability, price...? Just curious.
Theraphosa blondi is the world's largest tarantula and I think getting one would be awesome! They are not just another big brown tarantula they are the biggest tarantula in the world! πŸ˜ƒ

basin79

ArachnoGod
Theraphosa blondi is the world's largest tarantula and I think getting one would be awesome! They are not just another big brown tarantula they are the biggest tarantula in the world! πŸ˜ƒ
The record breaker was a very leggy male T.blondi. All the Theraphosa females get huge. 10+ inches.

mellow

Arachnobaron
The record breaker was a very leggy male T.blondi. All the Theraphosa females get huge. 10+ inches.
I know but Theraphosa blondi is still known as the world's largest tarantula species, and that's pretty cool! πŸ˜ƒ

basin79

ArachnoGod
I know but Theraphosa blondi is still known as the world's largest tarantula species, and that's pretty cool! πŸ˜ƒ
Well yes. But it was that 1 male. It's not like they're clear winners. Like they're up against Brachypelma hamorii. All 3 of them as females get huge.

mellow

Arachnobaron
Well yes. But it was that 1 male. It's not like they're clear winners. Like they're up against Brachypelma hamorii. All 3 of them as females get huge.
That's true, I am hoping to get some Heterometrus swammerdami and a Scolopendra gigantea too someday, the world's largest scorpion centipede and tarantula that does sound pretty cool right? Even though right now it's almost impossible to find those two for sale. 😁

cold blood

Staff member
Same size as stirmi

KenNet

Arachnosquire
IMG_20200716_201750-01.jpeg

Here she is! A bit bigger than I expected, 6cm/2"+. Have not try to feed her yet, that will wait until tomorrow.