Theraphosa Keepers

esa space station

Arachnoknight
The Web made for nesting is completely different to the Web made for a moult mat. They cocoon themselves completely. The latest T Blondi to produce a sac has been in her cocoon since 12.9.22 (plan to check and pull the sac on 27th October) and I have covered the tank and just leaving her be without any interference.
Picture taken just now.

View attachment 430688
had that large female a while ago but ate eggsac.any chance it's to cool .no where near a kilt.last was 4month ago is it to cool or do they take a few week to really crack on

esa space station

Arachnoknight
i triggered em somehow they appear to be gravid .just wondering why the daylight curtain/partial web off.I'm wondering if its temps

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
i triggered em somehow they appear to be gravid .just wondering why the daylight curtain/partial web off.I'm wondering if its temps
This one was also kept cooler and drier as there is some suggestion that a drier environment for Theraphosa helps. Time will tell if that's helped with this one or not.

esa space station

Arachnoknight
ok
was your male fresh btw.ive got a collection of other people's males all sorcer from german breeders .waiting on two to mature and am still pairing the one with a different WF male

esa space station

Arachnoknight
best i had was one webbed up like yours made eggsac but ate it in days took 10 wks thought that one was in the bag!

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
ok
was your male fresh btw.ive got a collection of other people's males all sorcer from german breeders .waiting on two to mature and am still pairing the one with a different WF male
The male for the one with the sac was not very fresh.
I do however have a fresh MM that's has been paired with 2 of my other 3 freshly moulted AF.
Quick insert seen on both initial pairings but both females have rejected him and shown a lot of aggression when 2nd pairings attempted so hopefully the first atrempt was successful
The pic below gives you an idea of how annoyed she was ha ha
20220924_115926.jpg

Attachments

esa space station

Arachnoknight
that's good .i have noticed the more pairings needed is suggestive in itself that sometimes it worked initially .pair next time should be fine.im surprised you have eggsac if male had been paired once/twice with another

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
that's good .i have noticed the more pairings needed is suggestive in itself that sometimes it worked initially .pair next time should be fine.im surprised you have eggsac if male had been paired once/twice with another
Don't know if viable yet though as she has been sealed up since 12th Sept and I am not going to disturb her
At least I know the current MM is fresh as a daisy as are the females so 🤞 on these

esa space station

Arachnoknight
that's very reassuring all the same that it has got to this stage.personally if I use a male and nothing happens I try another.e.g I have two(second hand) males one is Wild found paired once a year old but responsible for fertile eggsac fir German guy. so I try this one 2nd pairing went well.this is initially 4months after first pairing with another male and I'm using a not so fresh male myself.remember what male you used if your sac is viable tho as that's the one to keep !

esa space station

Arachnoknight
Hmmm .you know if it hadn't been paired numerous times I'd say molt and that would be all of that.As it stands it's added this 2nd layer a few days later so I'm hoping it's slowly cracking on towards something I'd rather hoped it would do.would you agree with the overall synopsis .quite odd.

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
Hmmm .you know if it hadn't been paired numerous times I'd say molt and that would be all of that.As it stands it's added this 2nd layer a few days later so I'm hoping it's slowly cracking on towards something I'd rather hoped it would do.would you agree with the overall synopsis .quite odd.
If nowhere near the regular moult cycle and been paired, it's starting to tip the balance of probability for start of a cocoon. It gets really thick so keep an eye out for that. 🤞

esa space station

Arachnoknight
Well thanks for the info.As stated her last moult was approx 4mths ago so (2.5-3yrs) old i would not expect her to moult in next 6months .if anything she should be on an annual cycle now

esa space station

Arachnoknight
Well this is interesting she had added another layer to what is in photos at the top and she has now torn all that web down so wondering what she's doing .i know they normally tear the web down and build up for eggsac which is what I'd expect they don't do it for pre molt I hope I'm right in thinking

esa space station

Arachnoknight
Well this is interesting she had added another layer to what is in photos at the top and she has now torn all that web down so wondering what she's doing .i know they normally tear the web down and build up for eggsac which is what I'd expect they don't do it for pre molt I hope I'm right in thinking
No more webbing appeared so prolly in pre molt

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
No more webbing appeared so prolly in pre molt
let me revive this as recently i have found out my T.blondi is a female! I was debating on getting a 4-5in Stirmi yesterday while perusing my local tarantula pet store or a t. apophysis pair. But I dont want a male just a female... I also want to see how everyones Theraphosas are doing

liquidfluidity

Arachnoknight
If you're looking for T. apophysis, lmk. I have decide to cut the heard down a bit. I have 2 unsexed at about 6"+. Message me if you have interest. They are from different dealers and prolly 6 months different in age, so most likely not sac mates.