Theraphosa genus care in captivity

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Why? To me it made more scene then calling them T. blondi like most dealers. (most still do:?)

Im not a big fan of the sp. "burgundy" name either , as I would rather seen unsubscribed/unknown spiders labeled with a country or local of origin. Example, Holothele "Norte de Santander"

Later, Tom
Yeah, I much rather preffer a Theraphosa "Sp" , not a "burgundy" crap.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Fran I have a question..I'm getting my first Theraposa (Strimi, to be exact) hopefully very soon. She's going to be 6-7" inches. I dont drive so getting a 40G tank home is next to impossible for me. Can I buy a 40 gallon rubber maid bin or something equal to a 40 gallon tank and keep her in that as long as it I put the proper amount of holes in it?

spiderengineer

Arachnoangel
Fran I have a question..I'm getting my first Theraposa (Strimi, to be exact) hopefully very soon. She's going to be 6-7" inches. I dont drive so getting a 40G tank home is next to impossible for me. Can I buy a 40 gallon rubber maid bin or something equal to a 40 gallon tank and keep her in that as long as it I put the proper amount of holes in it?

some will argue that 40 gallon is unnecessary and that 10 or 15 gallon is sufficient. not to mention alot of hobbiest use plastic containers in stead of glass because its cheaper and more durable. so yes it should be fine.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron

gottarantulas

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Fran, I thank you. You've definitely educated me about a Genus/species I just recently got into.

Gesandte

Arachnopeon
This thread is really helpful, learn a lot. Thanks Fran. Hopefully I will get my first Theraphosa in the near future. It is not easy to buy a true blondi recently

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How are your Theraphosa doing? Planing on mating blondi and apophysis soon! :)

Last edited: