Species Theraphosa blondi

xanadu1015

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sideous eats about 3 crickets day and did so as soon as I got him (I'm assuming him until otherwise changed).

No problems with the hairs so far, but he doesn't kick hairs at me yet.

They really are so fuzzy, I'm in love lol

Laura

andy83

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:clap: Congratulations!

Looks a lot like mine: http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=36122

Good luck with the little blondi. I held mine but not as much lately because it looks like it's going to molt sometime soon. The abdomen is turning a light brown color and it's losing some of its hairs.

Keep us updated!

-Andy

xanadu1015

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh I most certainly will! I'm enjoying holding him while I can. I am hoping he'll stay this nice, but I won't hold my breath. At least I can say I got to hold him once apon a time.

Laura

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Gotta love them at that stage! Crazy how they almost double in size with every molt! :eek:

Later,

Jake

USMuscle9403

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
xanadu1015 said:
Oh I most certainly will! I'm enjoying holding him while I can. I am hoping he'll stay this nice, but I won't hold my breath. At least I can say I got to hold him once apon a time.

Laura
Mine was never too terribly aggressive, just a horrible hair kicker and definitely didn't like being bothered.

xanadu1015

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm hoping with as much as Sideous eats that he will moult alot. From the moment I got him in to his enclosure after Swifty sent him it out overnight, he was gobbling crickets. This guy literally pounces on the crickets! lol

BTW, if you ever have a chance to order from Swifty, do so. This guy is wonderful!

Laura

USMuscle9403

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
xanadu1015 said:
I'm hoping with as much as Sideous eats that he will moult alot. From the moment I got him in to his enclosure after Swifty sent him it out overnight, he was gobbling crickets. This guy literally pounces on the crickets! lol

BTW, if you ever have a chance to order from Swifty, do so. This guy is wonderful!

Laura
My order from him should be here Wednesday :) Despite the computer problems he has had lately, he has been really helpful and great about responding. Oh yea and patient ;) I kept remembering/forgetting things in my emails and I swear I must have sent that man 5 emails in a 30 minute period, LOL.

andy83

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's where I got my blondi sling from! He's awesome

Swift Inverts ROCKS!

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice spider...too bad they get uber huge and are hair kicking machines with the biggest fangs in the hobby. But i still love them none the less. (makes me want to buy a picture frame for around m T. blondi enclosure cause he is "look but don't look too long or he'll kick a cloud your way")

xanadu1015

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol This is turning out to be the "Swifty Appreciation Thread".

T. blondi's really are adorable at this stage. The way they move around reminds me of wolf spiders.....wolf spiders are cute too.

Laura

nowhereman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah swifty is a good dealer. Nice little bugger you have too! ;) I'm not fond of the blondi but kris nabbed this one at a pet depot for $19.95 !

Last edited:

Sasa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My 1½ years old blondi molted:

Look at this: {D

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yay!

Wow! Those are amazing photos!

I've only had two molts happen with my Ts, but I've never got to actually watch any of them. :(

How big is she now?