Theraphosa apophysis

spidereality

Arachnopeon
I have a Goliath pink foot its about 5-6 inches I noticed that the abdomen where it balds it looks moldy just want to know if this happens and what I should do if it is anything.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Moldy??! Wow, um can you try getting some pictures of this? That does not sound good at all.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a Goliath pink foot its about 5-6 inches I noticed that the abdomen where it balds it looks moldy just want to know if this happens and what I should do if it is anything.
Umm... that really does not sound good. Now if it is turing black, "new hairs growing in" then it is about to molt, but if it literally looks like mold, then you're in for something probably bad... as Novak said, pictures would help much much more for this post.

Austin

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
grab a pic if you can, taht wud really help. if its mold, unless itsd deep rooted you can probably brush it away, if its deep rooted your best is drying it, could break away the cuticle from the spider.
I would put the guy in ICU and keep it dry for a while... it would be a REAL shame to loose a apophysis.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
if you are sure it is a fungal infection/mould, there is a chance to save the t by applying a anti-fungal cream 2-4 times a day. brush it on in a very thin layer. you can get that cream at a drugstore.

but first, make really sure that it is mould! the 'mess' urticating hairs make when a t is really stressed out and flicks a lot can look like mould sometimes because the butt gos white and fluffy before it is really bald.