Theraphosa apophysis breeding???

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Has anyone tried breeding this spieces???I was thinking about maybe getting a male and female down the line to try a breeding project when i get more experienced in it, i was wonderin if its difficult, and if any of you guys have tried breeding this speices before??

Rob883226

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sean said:
Has anyone tried breeding this spieces???I was thinking about maybe getting a male and female down the line to try a breeding project when i get more experienced in it, i was wonderin if its difficult, and if any of you guys have tried breeding this speices before??
I have hatched out a few egg sacks from gravid WC monsters. I have also captive bred these same females the next year. This was done in through 1991/92/93. End result was 3 good egg sacks that produced about 50, 25 and 3 spiderlings. One egg sack was bad, I think a food remnant was folded up with the eggs. It went moldy before i got to it. I used a rotating incubator i made with a timer, and some of those small round containers you get little toys in from the larger gum ball machines.

Breeding seemed pretty straight forward. The males I had were all fresh and motivated. After every successful paring the female would go spastic trying to eat the male. In my opinion, if i was not there all the females would have eaten the male. If it wasn't for my quick hands and a 12 inch hemostat Mr hair flicker would have been turned into a nice ball of crunched up, sucked dry tarantula.

Other than separating 2, 10+ inch tarantulas that are in freak out mode, breeding was pretty easy.

The spiderlings are very large and active with fuzzy pink legs:)