The Wolves of East Texas

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well I was out lookin around the other day and found these, thought you would like to see them

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
How east? I'm in Houston, biggest we have here are about an inch.

Nice pics :)

forhorsmn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How about this in north Texas

;) This was found on the back patio.
The first photo is of the spider itself.
The second is to show the size (in relation to a pack of 100's, my other bad habit).

Last edited:

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Rabidosa rabida, I think, They are here in central NC too. They hunt up in the bushes and weeds at night, i.e. semi-aboreal.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Rabidosa rabida, I think, They are here in central NC too. They hunt up in the bushes and weeds at night, i.e. semi-aboreal.
yeah thats what they are.
I have seen some bigger but thats typical sized ones i see. i had a male spotted but the bugger was way fast. made an OBT seem to be in slow motion lol
and i was afraid id hurt him if i continued to try to capture him.
The female in the pic had several slings on her back, when i blew the pic up about 50% you could tell they had full marking s and colors on them and some were dispersed already as is obvious by the low number on her back.

The other one is some species of Hogna i believe...not too good with true spiders tho...

forhorsmn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah thats what they are.
I have seen some bigger but thats typical sized ones i see. i had a male spotted but the bugger was way fast. made an OBT seem to be in slow motion lol
and i was afraid id hurt him if i continued to try to capture him.
The female in the pic had several slings on her back, when i blew the pic up about 50% you could tell they had full marking s and colors on them and some were dispersed already as is obvious by the low number on her back.

The other one is some species of Hogna i believe...not too good with true spiders tho...
I know what you mean. The one I caught (just for the pics, then it was released), was jumping at the side of the container, running in circles, and I swear when I released it, it started running towards me. VERY FAST:eek:

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I know what you mean. The one I caught (just for the pics, then it was released), was jumping at the side of the container, running in circles, and I swear when I released it, it started running towards me. VERY FAST:eek:
lol mine were very nice

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
that second one may be Hogna carolinensis. I am not sure tho. anyone else want to chime in on its id?