The Two Amigos Mature Males

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The Two Amigos Mature Males: Please take a close look on both mature males as they have similarity with looks from each other. One of the biggest difference of appearance between both species is the femur. Grammostola porteri depending on the natural lightning a highlight blue/black. Grammostola sp. "Northern Gold" highlight pink. So please when attempting breeding make sure you have male and female of the same species we don't need to mix up this beautiful creatures that were once naturally selected in the wild.

Grammostola porteri Mature Male - Wild Caught

Grammostola sp. "Northern Gold" Mature Male - Wild Caught

Last edited:

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
People are really missing out on owning this species that are turning their backs on them. The time may be near that wild caught specimens will no longer be completely available. The mature male Grammostola porteri molted two weeks ago will be pairing with my only one female that I have of that species.

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
So lovely... this is the first thing that jumps to my mind watching those lovely 8-legged :singing:

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is the latest version of the IPhone 6 natural lighting no flash. If I new how to photoshop I wouldn't do it not a fan. I like natural appearance of the tarantulas.

cold blood

Staff member
Is the latest version of the IPhone 6 natural lighting no flash, its one that I had blessed by the pope and it now possesses magical qualities. If I new how to photoshop I wouldn't do it not a fan, anyway, its a magic camera, I don't need no photoshop. I like natural appearance of the tarantulas, enhanced by a little "magic".
Oh, now I get it.:bored:

matypants

Arachnopeon
My female (obviously amateur hour photography):

And her soon to be, very hopeful, suitor (again, amateur hour photography):

Since Chile is now closed to exports we need to pair the right ones together or face losing the real deal to cross bred muts so to speak.

Last edited:

Walter1

Arachnosquire
People are really missing out on owning this species that are turning their backs on them. The time may be near that wild caught specimens will no longer be completely available. The mature male Grammostola porteri molted two weeks ago will be pairing with my only one female that I have of that species.
Very very interesting. My porteri males over the years since 2012, never showed such blue. Right after seeing your post, I photographed a male I produced. Using my 6s iPhone with flash indoors tonight, showed blue highlights. Interesting. Not a color I see otherwise. However, I will look at you males in sunlight tomorrow

I have North females and juv males. Will pay attention upon maturity.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very very interesting. My porteri males over the years since 2012, never showed such blue. Right after seeing your post, I photographed a male I produced. Using my 6s iPhone with flash indoors tonight, showed blue highlights. Interesting. Not a color I see otherwise. However, I will look at you males in sunlight tomorrow

I have North females and juv males. Will pay attention upon maturity.
The photos were taken in natural light not direct sunlight but as always in a shaded area. I never take my photos in direct sunlight they never turn out good.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Now I can title it as "The Three Amigos".

Grammostola porteri - Mature Male

Grammostola sp. "Northern Gold" - Mature Male

Gramoostola rosea -Mature Male

Last edited:

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Might as well add a couple more pics.:)

Grammostola rosea mature male
image.jpeg

Grammostola rosea
gravid female
image.jpeg

Pics aren't that great but I took them with an iPad camera. Both are in natural light.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sure! Is it just me or is your G. rosea mature male more orange than mine? Is it just the lighting?
Looks to be lightning and camera. And probably depends on when they've molted. The male that I have will be pairing with a couple of females I will have in my possession later today. I know one of the females molted about two months ago.