The T that could fly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, I mybe going to california, and staying there with my father. How would I do bring my T there? I dont know about you, but ive seen the way some people freakout when there next to any type of spider(Let alone a tarantula). And I dont trust shiping him(or her) there. And it might get there before me and I dont trust my dad(Hes an arachnophobe) What should I do? Like how would I hide a T with me? Will the alttitude cause any damage?

LunarFaery

ArachnoDiva
Old Timer
Well I took a fish on an airplane once....kept it in a coffee cup; that wasnt see through and was fine. As far as alitude I had spiders overnighted and they went on an airplane....so I would think they would be fine good luck

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Don't feed them for a really long time. Right before you go into the plane, put the tarantulas on your skin. They will hopefully suck on your blood and digest your skin and muscle the entire way through. It works fairly well if you put them on your chest. Your shirt should cover everything.

SoCalKyle

Arachnopeon
With the intense security at the airports now i think the only way for you to get him/here over there would be shipping. It might be possible to smuggle him/her on the plane but im not sure how a tarantula would react going threw an x-ray machine.

Professor T

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by hampton
Well, I mybe going to california, and staying there with my father. How would I do bring my T there? I dont know about you, but ive seen the way some people freakout when there next to any type of spider(Let alone a tarantula). And I dont trust shiping him(or her) there. And it might get there before me and I dont trust my dad(Hes an arachnophobe) What should I do? Like how would I hide a T with me? Will the alttitude cause any damage?
You run the risk of getting your T confiscated if you don't do things by the book. Check with the airline and see what they suggest. You might have to pack it well and check it like a live animal being shipped by a dealer. I think that would be your best bet, and the most responsible thing to do.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by lam
Don't feed them for a really long time. Right before you go into the plane, put the tarantulas on your skin. They will hopefully suck on your blood and digest your skin and muscle the entire way through. It works fairly well if you put them on your chest. Your shirt should cover everything.
Ian,
Stick a hungry T up your a$$ and maybe it will eat its way out your big mouth.

Ernie

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by MrT
Ian,
Stick a hungry T up your a$$ and maybe it will eat its way out your big mouth.

Ernie
Hehehe. I'm so glad you didn't refer that to me.

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree...

Try to sneak them on and you're begging to get busted nowadays. I would call the airline and explain that you want to carry them on in your carry on luggage due to them not being able to take the cold in the unheated underbelly of the plane. I can't see where that would be a problem as I know that several airlines will let you carry on a bird or a glider and a T should certainly be no different so long as it's out of site out of mind.

Phil

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have never brought tarantulas on a plane before, but don't people ship them airfair all the time? I say just pack them really tightly in little containers as you would to ship them out and put them in a back pack as carry on. Either that or put them in your pockets.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You know I was just kidding, as I'm sure you were with Hampton.
Yet, he may not have known.
Sorry I misspelled your name lam..;)

Ernie

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
LOL Mr T

Ha! You can try and keester it, but once you sit down it's over. Just call the airline and if they're not cooperative, send it via a shipping carrier and time the delivery method to your arrival at your dads crib.

Good luck,

Peace

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by MrT
You know I was just kidding, as I'm sure you were with Hampton.
Yet, he may not have known.
Sorry I misspelled your name lam..;)

Ernie
Let's hope Hampton doesn't actually starve his tarantulas and then actually feed himself to them. Man, I wonder how much it hurts to have tarantulas attached to your body by the fangs like that.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
a couple of years ago, ibrought 2 pokies on a plane from boston to fort lauderdale... in my backpack, heat pads, deli cups, egg cartons in between --

worked fine, but nowadays? I'm surprised they dont search my <This was totally unnecessary - MI>

good luck! i'd say ship it! make sure someone's on the other side to get it right away!

peace,
dave

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by RugbyDave
I'm surprised they dont search my <This was totally unnecessary - MI>

peace,
dave

Umm... totally unnecessary comment.... the "keester" thing was funny but seriously, there are kids on this forum. Just because you put a couple of smilies afterwards doesn't make it any less explicit. For real, calm your libido and get over yourself, bro. No one wants to hear about your package. No girls want to come to Minneapolis with you, cute or otherwise. Nobody wants to come have sex with you. <Kind of defeats the purpose to fight fire with fire in this case -MI>. So when you're in this forum, just talk about tarantulas and save the rest of your ish for the Off-Topic forum... or just keep it to yourself. Hey, now there's a thought! *steps off soapbox but keeps it nearby just in case, because YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO REPLY*

kellygirl

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by kellygirl
<Kind of defeats the purpose to fight fire with fire in this case -MI>.
Yeah, you're right Tom. My bad! should've just left that quote off--it was bad enough the first time. But hopefully I made my point, regardless.......

Hey hampton, did you ever figure anything out about flying your tarantulas?

kellygirl

Last edited:

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah i do wanna make a point---

you're right ;)

seriously.
thats why humans make mistakes

peace,
dave!

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
although, i def. wasn't talking about that in a sexy way --

just pointing out that they really are verging on the point of that at airports... def. wasn't a libido comment :)

and everything else -- its all about the joking. But its cool. i can chill on that.

i'm not uptight :)

and as stupid as they are, the smile faces do help a little

who can resist this:
=D

even i think its cute
peace,
dave

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ham. Call the airline and check.
Then take what steps you need too to get your T there safe, sound and legaly.
:)

Dave.
The =D Are cute as heck arn't they?

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree nixy! can't wait to see the face after you post pics of our guys getting it on!!

and i think, again, the best thing to do about flying T's is to ship them, but make sure someone on the other end is there to sign for them or make sure YOU get there before THEY do!
;)

peace
dave

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When's the stud due to get here round abouts dave?

Status
Not open for further replies.