The Story Behind Your Username

CarrotsBiteBack

Arachnopeon
Late on the uptake here, but here goes.

Carrots are vicious! They do some serious harm to humans believe it not. A friend of mine who awaits for me in Valhal chipped a tooth whilst eating a raw carrot. May their memory live on in my user name.

Scorpiobsession

Arachnobaron
Late on the uptake here, but here goes.

Carrots are vicious! They do some serious harm to humans believe it not. A friend of mine who awaits for me in Valhal chipped a tooth whilst eating a raw carrot. May their memory live on in my user name.
I understand, the last time I tried to cut a carrot...

Crazyman93

Arachnopeon
So the story behind my username is all at once adorable, hilarious, and kinda heroic. Buckle up kids it's going to be a fun ride....
Ever since I was a child my mother was terrified of spiders. Regardless of type, deathly terrified. So one day when I was about 10 my mother paid me $20 to knock down this egg sack that was in the corner of our dining room ceiling. I knocked it down with a broom and it exploded right on my chest. I have been intolerant of spiders ever since.
Fast forward to now... I'm 28, still intolerant of most spiders. My girlfriend and I live in the desert of southern Colorado, and she loves tarantulas. If you've guessed why I'm writing this post and why I'm even on this forum don't spoil it (yet) 😂
For her birthday I started to research local non-terrifying arachnids that I could WC as we don't have the money required for a proper home for the exotic fuzzy murder machine. So a local A. hentzi was to be my target. I've read they're easy to care for and a relatively chill trantula.
It took me two days to find not one but two. They now sleep 3 feet from the foot of our bed in a 64qt see-through tote. I'll be posting more about them elsewhere don't you worry, I've lots of questions.

Thorsicequeen

Arachnopeon
I was in a music video for Canadian metal icon...Thor. My part in the video was the Ice Queen...hence Thorsicequeen.

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's a username I used to use pretty much everywhere at the time, but I had discarded it pretty much everywhere else some seven years ago. It is a relic of a bygone era.

Also, AB's renaming options are paid tier and I'm a cheapskate.

GoingBuggy21

Arachnopeon
I've always had pets of many different categories, and have had all sorts of feeder insects around the house, including a thriving discoid colony (gave it away once my dragon decided they aren't food), but hadn't had any pet "bugs". Decided this year to start small with a couple of jumping spiders (which I don't have yet - I'm just starting to gather info, set up habitats and whatnot). I also love mantids and millies, and since I'm starting with "gateway spiders", who knows what else I'll end up with later! 😂 So "going buggy" seemed appropriate, and of course '21 is self-explanatory.
PS - my profile pic is a tiny wild jumper who visited me at my work lunch spot.

Speidres

Arachnopeon
never used this username before but thought it would be fitting for this site. My username is pronounced "spee-dreys" and it's how I refer to my tarantulas. like "oop gotta water the speidres" or "hey speidres, y'all hungry?" that kind of thing lol. yeah I talk to my animals a lot

cadman01

Arachnopeon
Arachnosupporter
AS a CAD designer, I have been working with AGV design and testing machines for 15 years. I enjoy computers (Apple fan) and the outdoors.

Mark

Doodlebird

Arachnoknight
For years my nickname has been Big Bird, and I'm an artist. thus DoodleBird was born

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I like 𝘗𝘢𝘮𝘱𝘩𝘰𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘶𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘴

ResinBomb

Arachnopeon
Its my gamer handle I use it for just about anything. It derives from throwing my cat resin on peoples laps.