The Story Behind Your Username

utahraptor9000

Arachnopeon
Utahraptor is my favorite dinosaur, and I add the 9000 out of habit because it's plain "utahraptor" is usually taken lol

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
Utahraptor is my favorite dinosaur, and I add the 9000 out of habit because it's plain "utahraptor" is usually taken lol
I have learned something new! So having looked up utahraptor, it appears that they were the inspiration for the velociraptors in Jurrasic Park. I knew the velociraptors were much smaller than they were portrayed, but didn't realise there was a raptor that was at least in the right ballpark size wise.

Great choice of name 👍

utahraptor9000

Arachnopeon
I have learned something new! So having looked up utahraptor, it appears that they were the inspiration for the velociraptors in Jurrasic Park. I knew the velociraptors were much smaller than they were portrayed, but didn't realise there was a raptor that was at least in the right ballpark size wise.

Great choice of name 👍
Haha, thank you! It always makes me happy when people learn about Utahraptor! I'm assuming your username is related to the amount of spiders you keep?

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
Haha, thank you! It always makes me happy when people learn about Utahraptor! I'm assuming your username is related to the amount of spiders you keep?
Exactly that! ha ha. Circa 300 without counting sacs/slings from breeding.

It's what the neighbours called my house to keep the kids away I guess 😂😂😂

Bexx

Arachnopeon
My name is Bex! Pretty simple story- when I was in middle school, my science teacher started calling me Bex as a nickname. I started using it again in college, and when I started transitioning back in 2022, I decided to use it full time with my friends and at work.

The double x is because the single x isn't available on most websites, but for some reason "Bexx" is! I kind of like it like that.

I was considering "The Bug Authority" as a username because that's what my family calls me- if anyone finds a bug and they don't know what it is, they text me. But I thought that might make me come across as someone with experience keeping inverts, instead of a complete newbie to the hobby.

Omgkevplayz

Arachnopeon
My username "Omgkevplayz" is simply just my normal username that i came up with I use for a lot of websites and I use for almost all of my gamer usernames for video games. It's like my main username so I decide to use it for this as well :)