User The Spider House's Tarantula Pictures

Pedipalpable

Arachnosquire
Theraphosa stirmi (AF)
She had been paired is looking g particularly large ATM so 🤞🤞
View attachment 452689
It never ceases to amaze me that the abdomen of a Theraphosa only just begins to match the carapace in size when it gets particularly fat. Just goes to show what huge spiders they are in terms of proportions. And I imagine it is even more profound in person. Fingers crossed the big girl is gravid.
🤞

Couple of moults from yesterday (15.8.23)....showing DLS
1. Grammostola rosea (RCF) SAF
2. Theraphosa blondi AF
3. Side by side
View attachment 452901 View attachment 452902 View attachment 452903
Wow, that is quite the size difference! The T. blondi looks nearly twice as large as the G. rosea in the side by side comparison!
The color of the T. blondi molt is also stunning! Such a rich dark brown, almost black! Do they tend to darken up that much late into their molt cycle?

T blondi freshly moulted (with and without flash). And people say they are just s big brown spider. Seriously???? Look at her 😍
They are big. And they are brown. But they are definitely not just big brown spiders, that’s for sure. They have such a rich brown color to them, and a gorgeous velvety texture too. And those stripes on the legs are beautiful as well. I plan on picking up a T. blondi someday, but it will have to wait until I have more space. Currently, I’ve got all the giant terrestrials I can fit!

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
It never ceases to amaze me that the abdomen of a Theraphosa only just begins to match the carapace in size when it gets particularly fat. Just goes to show what huge spiders they are in terms of proportions. And I imagine it is even more profound in person. Fingers crossed the big girl is gravid.
🤞

Wow, that is quite the size difference! The T. blondi looks nearly twice as large as the G. rosea in the side by side comparison!
The color of the T. blondi molt is also stunning! Such a rich dark brown, almost black! Do they tend to darken up that much late into their molt cycle?

They are big. And they are brown. But they are definitely not just big brown spiders, that’s for sure. They have such a rich brown color to them, and a gorgeous velvety texture too. And those stripes on the legs are beautiful as well. I plan on picking up a T. blondi someday, but it will have to wait until I have more space. Currently, I’ve got all the giant terrestrials I can fit!
Thank you for all those comments.

You are right, the stirmi seems even bigger in person. Checked on her today and she has dug out a trough and so a sac should be imminent. The T blondi I bred did exactly the same before she completely cocooned herself and stayed in there with her sac so it's looking promising.

The Blondi and srirmi (dont see it in apophysis) actually turn a lot lighter in colour as they approach the moult and get the rich brown when in new clothes. I did a picture post of 3 different T blondi I have based on the stage they are at in the moult cycle. See below LHS is a "midway" stage, top right, freshly moulted, bottom right, approaching pre moult.

20230723_100642.jpg

Yes they are brown but I don't think anyone can deny their beauty. I am a massive fan of all the Theraphosa (I have 29 in total of the apophysis, blondi and stirmi) so of you can, make the room as they will not dissapoint. 😊

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
What size enclosure do you keep them in?
45x45x30 exo (with acrylic lid conversion). I have one in a converted fishtank as well which I think is 60x45x45.

45x45x30 exo are ideal though. There is even space for blondi sexy time and escape route for the male.

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
Not one of my Tarantulas but a nice pic of Shae my Rough Collie who turned 1 earlier this month.

Also, my talented daughter (Graphic designer) designed and made this for me from the main photo for Father's Day (also a pbone cover now). It was so good as soon as my mate saw it he had a commission done of one of his rottweilers too.
Screenshot_20230619_074339_WhatsApp.jpg Screenshot_20230722_123219_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
Some random pics from the Spider House
1. Theraphosa blondi AF chomping on 2 large Lob worms
2. Grammostola pulchra (freshly moulted) AF
3. Phormictopus (ex cautus) Dominican Purple juvie freshly moukted
4. Shae, my Rough Collie trying to look elegant. You don't fool me you hairy nutjob 🤣
20231028_110845.jpg 20231017_170448.jpg 20231015_114206.jpg 20230917_162554.jpg

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
Freshly moulted AF Theraphosa blondi keeping her burrow clean by taking out her old exo. Really cool to catch her doing this.
20231029_120813.jpg