The Sonoran Desert toad can alter your mind — it’s not the only animal

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Now if only psychedelics would enable me to write songs as good as Jerry Garcia.

Kada

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Seems unethical to me. But many species are psychedelic. Many more medicinal. Toad poison is milked here for sale to TCM practitioners. But is quite cruel in my opinion.

For those interested, a valuable text: Garden of Eden by Snu Voogelbreinder. A valuable book, easily more informative than even the likes of Schultes.

Edit, I copied the authors name from google. I have no idea why it's a link. I have copied from text message back into this post and the link persists. no idea why, and no idea why I cant just type the text. But the link isnt my intention and have tried to edit it out. Apologies.

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Psychedelics are groovy man. They're a gateway to spiritual enlightenment. :cool:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Psychedelics are groovy man. They're a gateway to spiritual enlightenment. :cool:
This that frog that inspired Hypno toad?
Seems unethical to me. But many species are psychedelic. Many more medicinal. Toad poison is milked here for sale to TCM practitioners. But is quite cruel in my opinion.

For those interested, a valuable text: Garden of Eden by Snu Voogelbreinder. A valuable book, easily more informative than even the likes of Schultes.

Edit, I copied the authors name from google. I have no idea why it's a link. I have copied from text message back into this post and the link persists. no idea why, and no idea why I cant just type the text. But the link isnt my intention and have tried to edit it out. Apologies.
People drink this stuff ? :rofl:

HooahArmy

Arachnoknight
I'm deeply disturbed about the fact that at some point, a specimen of our human race decided "Hey, I'm going to lick that toad and see what happens."
(More realistically, someone tried to have some frog legs for supper.)

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
"Hey, I'm going to lick that toad and see what happens."
Along the same lines, the staple diet of the natives of the So. Cal. environs, Toyon berries. Eaten raw, they can you; boiled, they can kill you; baked and they can kill you. Boiled then baked with appropriate time frames they are non toxic and highly nutritious.
So how many dead bodies before they worked that out?
Chong; "Hey man, let's go lick some toads."
Cheech,"Naw man, I'm sticking with these berries. Maybe we can smoke them."

Last edited:

HooahArmy

Arachnoknight
Along the same lines, the staple diet of the natives of the So. Cal. environs, Toyon berries. Eaten raw, they can you; boiled, they can kill you; baked and they can kill you. Boiled then baked with appropriate time frames they are non toxic and highly nutritious.
So how many dead bodies before they worked that out?
Tommy Chong voice; "Hey man, let's go lick some toads."
Cheech,"Naw man, I'm sticking with these berries."
As a Cali native, I've heard of those berries and the tale! I'm likewise shocked by the number of soldier who pick up a random plant item while in the field in Cali and chew on it...
And speaking of crazy foods, I've been having thoughts about a number of things from the Chinese side of my family. Like tofu.
Dude 1: "Hey man, this soy milk ain't looking too good. Best toss it out."
Dude 2: "Don't do that! Give it to Wang. I bet you $10 that he'll eat it."
Wang: "This is scrumptious."

The Snark

Old Timer
Wang: "This is scrumptious."
From my travels to various countries, .... nope, not going there.

After dinner snacks
"There's a feeling from inside,
the need to hurl won't be denied,
that's not rice you're eating, it\'s maggots."

1686036147048.png

1686036263461.png

Last edited:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
From my travels to various countries, .... nope, not going there.

After dinner snacks
"There's a feeling from inside,
the need to hurl won't be denied,
that's not rice you're eating, it\'s maggots."

View attachment 446948

View attachment 446949
So gross , bet these people eat roaches too . :rofl: And some-countries are decimating tarantula’s and eating them. Poor haplos etc.. theraphosa. Etc
These people are foolish those are more valuable in the pet trade than food. I’d never eat a bug .

The Snark

Old Timer
So gross , bet these people eat roaches too .
Avoid judging going by assumed standards in your local area. From toad licking and other natural psychotropic substances on out to the extreme exotics I've seen more than my fair share.
By far the most gross going by general hygiene standards is processed mass production hot dogs. After the slaughter of the animal all the off cuts, bits and pieces, what dirbbles out - everything but the bone, is shoveled into an evicerator - mechanical digester - and turned to a goo like substance then subjected to heat for a given period of time to meet FDA criteria; the base material of the hot dog or sausage. FDA rules set the limit of 2% to 6% unidentifiable filth depending on the type of animal.
The floor is regularly hosed down as the stream of animals is ongoing continuously 24 hours a day to meet the demands of the markets.
Brain shock death, hooked up onto the overhead trolley, hide sliced and pulled off, hosed down inside and out and moved to the butchering area, up to one animal per minute.

The US consumes 20 to 30 billion pounds of beef per year. Don't expect rigid hygiene criteria.

Last edited:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Avoid judging going by assumed standards in your local area. From toad licking and other natural psychotropic substances on out to the extreme exotics I've seen more than my fair share.
By far the most gross going by general hygiene standards is processed mass production hot dogs. After the slaughter of the animal all the off cuts, bits and pieces, what dirbbles out - everything but the bone, is shoveled into an evicerator - mechanical digester - and turned to a goo like substance then subjected to heat for a given period of time to meet FDA criteria; the base material of the hot dog or sausage. FDA rules set the limit of 2% to 6% unidentifiable filth depending on the type of animal.
Yeah I wasn’t even thinking about that it’s even grosser than eating bugs I bet , I still wouldn’t eat a roach or prob any bug lolz . Although seafood are related so I have eaten bugs technically lmao. Shrimp , crabs etc .. never had lobster . What’s in meat is bad enough I’d go mostly vegan if I had the funds . Hot dogs are the worst … I don’t like burgers anymore either . Always wondered why the food we eat is less healthy than what wild animals and tarantulas eat .