The Pinktoe & the molt

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pinky, my A. Urticans s'ling has molted, & while I was cleaning the molt out she pounced on my hand & bit me, her fangs are still so small that it barely hurt, but it was still a little red & puffity. She went from about the size of a quarter to the size of a half dollar. This was her first molt in my care, & I hope there will be lots more.

Aloha,

The amazing ben

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Ben-

Congrats! Be careful (I don't know your experience level), not only for yourself, but your sling's entire exoskeleton is exremely soft and vulverable to trauma. Make sure your little baby is ok - check the chelicerae.

Peace, welcome and nice avatar!
Dario

Vulnerable, after a molt, that is. Full tanning, or hardening takes a few days in my slings.

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanx , It was 4 days after the molt, I just checked the Chelicerae & all seems well.You were a big help Dario.

Aloha,
The amazing ben

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congrats on a successful molt. You normally don't hear of an Avic biting, but I guess if it feels threatened, any T may bite. I know some of the Avics are more aggressive than others. Good luck with your T, the A. urticans is a nice Avic. Do you have any other Avic's?

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nope. My Urticans is my only Avic, my other spiders include...A. Chalcodes(female), G.Rosea (Mature female), My pygmy Grey, & thats my little family:D

Aloha,
The amazing Ben

P.S. Just so y'all know, I'm 12!:}