The package...

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Don't you love it when you get a package and you know that it has spiders in it?

I do.

I got my A. versicolor and L. cristatus today from Swift. He threw in a free G. aureostriata.

I sure am happy!

Jon

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wow, that's great!! Can you get some pics up? I know I've already seen those species a lot, but you can't get enough of new spider pics... :)

Dennis

ceaser68

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
=D Yup i know that feeling... there are few thing as great as that i think !!!:}

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congradulations!

I bet it's Great unwrapping.

Like a special holiday.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Nixy
Congradulations!

I bet it's Great unwrapping.

Like a special holiday.
Each and every single time!

Jon

@Dennie -- Well, here's a pic of my new versicolor. The other two spiders are too small for me to take a picture of with my camera. I use a webcam, and I just can't get a good pic of them.

Of course, in a few months...

Jon

Last edited:

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
AAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW!!

Isn't that just the Most darling!

I remember when Xenix was that big.

I can actualy See our indian violet now without searching.

:)

Congrates and I can't wait for your others to get big enough to photograph good.
:)

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
Each and every single time!

Jon

@Dennie -- Well, here's a pic of my new versicolor. The other two spiders are too small for me to take a picture of with my camera. I use a webcam, and I just can't get a good pic of them.

Of course, in a few months...

Jon
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW that is TOO gorgeous!

Right... that's it. I've seen too many gorgeous pics of them and now I HAVE to have an A. versicolor. The search begins...

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hah im expecting a 'usambara' today... though the guy said that he apologizes for the packagin... so im hoping he hasnt put it in an envolope:D

(for those of you that take things seriously on I really doubt he will):) :rolleyes:

P.S. just out of curiousty... is it 'a usambara' or 'an usambara' ? applying the 'an' when before a vowel doesnt seem to work for that...

Last edited:

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Why doesn't it ? :)

Besides, to some people (more than the opposite?) saying either 'a usumbara' or 'an usumbara' is as clever as saying 'A Rocky Mountains' or 'An Rocky Mountains' ;)

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If you pronounce it Usambara as in YOO-sum-bah-ra it's "a usambara"

If you pronounce it Usambara as in uh-sum-bah-ra it would be "an usambara"

And it is Usambara with an "a" not a "u", the spider is named after the Usambara mountains in Northern Tanzania I believe (I like to do a lot of research on a spider's natural habitat before I get one, hence I pick up all this useless information. ;))

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think Europeans would probably say "an Usambara" either way. I could be wrong. But it really seems to me that I occaisionally hear "an" being used with a hard "y" sound. And when I hear it, it seems like I always hear it in an European accent ;P .

Jon

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
I use "an Usambara" it sounds better to me. Of course, I pronounce it Ooo sum bara

Leanne

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I thought there was supposed to be 'an' wherever the subject in question began with a vowel-soun.. oh nevermind. I guess 'y' might not exactly produce a vowel-sound in this sometimes dingy language :)

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What a difference a year and two months makes!

Big Dragonfly said:
...Well, here's a pic of my new versicolor....
Jon
AHHHHHHHHH.....

Last edited:

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
Vys said:
I thought there was supposed to be 'an' wherever the subject in question began with a vowel-soun.. oh nevermind. I guess 'y' might not exactly produce a vowel-sound in this sometimes dingy language :)

Your right...If a word starts with a vowel (A E I O U) then you use "AN" infront of it. If your talking about the mountain range then you say THE Usambara range..if your talking about the spider its An usambara. BUT There are ecceptions of course....UGH damn english language.. "I have an Usambara" " I love the Usambara Tarantula"...*shrugs* Its all in how you use it.

BigDragonfly....CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!!! makes me want more!!! Im jealous of your freebie Chaco!! Lucky @$(%&&^# :D

Michelle

rtshaw80

Arachnopeon
Very Nice,

I have 6 versicolor slings about the size of yours last year.. Can't wait till next year now!

How big was it when you got it and how many molts did it take to reach its size now?

Guy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Why not just say "I have a P. murinus red color form" ???

Peloquin

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Eh up Mr. Tansley.
I didn't know you were on there boards.The spiderlings you sent me are doing great mate.
I'm looking forward to growing the Red un's on as I've never had 'em before.
Pel. (AKA Mr. Davies)
Oh, nice profile pic mate. {D {D {D