The "overlooked" B. vagans

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I love this species. This is a recently acquired mature female for a future breeding project. In other words, I'm waiting for my male to mature. Unless anyone already has a mature male they're willing to send. Hmmm... I'm off to the invertsonals again.

Botar

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
That is a damn fine T you got there. Wish any one of mine were that big and fat. Still can't make their bums round like that...

Out of curiosity, what did you pay for her?

N.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
very underrated T, IMO
Here's Maleficent with Shelby, before she matured...

Last edited:

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I rarely ever see my Chocolate Brown colored Juvie out in the open. She's always holed up in her burrow now. She comes out mostly at night when all the lights are off. But last night I surprised her a few times by quickly turning on my light. She freezes like a deer caught in the headlights of an oncoming car.

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
About time we had a vagans appreciation thread :) I've recently realised how gorgeous they are. I found a gorgeous juvenile in my local petshop and fell in love. My boyfriend bought me him as an Easter pressie :D (in return for the C. fimbriatus I bought him). The little beast is a bit of a psycho (bit the petshop owner), but he's absolutely stunning.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
I have two, "Rhett" and "Scarlett" and they are little lovers. Sometimes move kinda fast, but never "testy." I'm hoping that they will romance soon, Rhett's pedi's are loaded and ready to go, but Scarlett is playing the shy girl with him. At least she's not playing the hungry girl!! Yes, they are gorgeous... (thank you Penney!) and a fast becoming my favorites... well this week at least!!!

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
A couple of months ago, I traded my B. vagans juvi along with a B. angustum sling, and H. aureopilosum s'ling for a B. smithi juvi. I could have cared less about the last two, but I kind of miss the vagans. It really was becoming quite beautiful.

Jon

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah, it's one of those species I know I'll wind up with one of these days, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I think they get dissed much like curlies because they grow fast and are easy to breed. If a species is inexpensive and easy to obtain, you don't covet it as much as harder to obtain ones.

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Brachy's are the bomb

Sweet vagan's pics guys. I love the genus - I think they're all underrated.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
You have good taste, Botar. A while ago I bought a guy's entire B.vagans breeding project. 15 juveniles and one adult female. One of the juvies I got for free becuase (s)he was pretty sickly and near death. Today (s)he is smaller than his siblings, but is doing great! Four of the juvies have moulted to mature males shortly after we got them and all have bred. I also got another mature female shortly afterwards and she has also been bred. I'm now waiting for sacs. In the meantime, I have 11 juveniles left, all of whom are doing well.

This is big mama redrump:

Cheers,
Dave

Attachments

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
SHD,

I knew you had a B. vagans breeding project, but I didn't know what it consisted of nor its status. Right now I've got the mature female, two subadults (unsexed) and two slings. I'm in the process of getting a male on a breeding exchange. Keep me up-to-date on your egg sack progress and I'll do the same when I get going.

Botar

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
One of the best looking species! If you don't have one, get one!

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Originally posted by Botar
Keep me up-to-date on your egg sack progress and I'll do the same when I get going.
Sure thing. If they weren't CITES, I'd offer to bring my male down in June if he is still kickin'. Hell, I may look into the paperwork and do it anyways.

Cheers,
Dave