The Mighty Mites: Infestation

Tenchains949

Arachnopeon
Hi. I am 42 years old. Have not smoked in 6 years. Physically fit. Male. Midwest. Two years ago I brought home a used queen mattress and since then it has been mite central.
That is just how I got them. They had hit me before in certain areas but I was able to expel them over a short time.
Well two years ago I brought home a mattress full. They seem here to stay.
The mattress is long gone. So are two others that got infested.
Clothes ruined in a effort to be rid of them.
Furniture tossed.
Sorry. I am posting because there does not seem to be a cure. Some people do not even feel them. But some do.
Sometimes they bite. If I do not wash my bedding daily they will not let me sleep.
My air mattress is not so comfortable but is easier to spray down with windex.
I think that they finally took over my leather couch. I spray it often with windex but when I sit on it they pounce one me.
They have infested my friend's home courtesy of me although she is unaffected.
My sister feels them. Well I have tried a lot. Seems like they can only be managed and not eradicated.
It sucks not being able to have a real bed. And it sucks that some friends or people that feel my problem then shun me.
I rarely can see them. It seems that there is some type of boss mite that can fly. It is very small but that one I can see sometimes.
None of this matters though. This is the toughest thing that I have faced.
It may be my environment. Namely my geographical location. They seem more prevalent here than where I lived 7 years ago.
Thanks for reading. I wish there were a magic bullet. I have fogged with cedar oil and even smoked marijuana to try to shut them off.
I had to quit a job after the problem began as they began to build up on me at work. This when previous to my infestation I had no trouble at work.
There is very little information on the matter.
There are lots of stories about those people infested.
Even though supposedly they are not supposed to infest a human host.
Well for two years they have followed me to three different living spaces. They have got into my mom's house and my good friends. They have found me at two different jobs one which I had to quit.
I am attempting catharsis here by posting. I don't think that they will leave me alone.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
That's absolutely horrid, I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

I'm sorry, but I don't know how to fix the problem. I'd call an exterminator. Just to point this out, what you're describing does not sound like mites. Mites don't bite and mites don't have wings. Might be bed bugs, but bed bugs don't have wings either. Good luck man!

EDIT: Can you describe them more?

Last edited:

Tenchains949

Arachnopeon
Yeah Idk. Bed bugs you can see. I can feel these crawling on me in broad daylight but cannot see them. Supposedly bird mites do bite. The first time I came across these was near where geese frequented. They were fast. They swarmed and jumped all over my legs. Mites are supposed to be slow. These are fast and they jump. I can feel them. Maybe the one that flies is not a mite but a predator of mites. Idk. I have read too mick where people have paid thousands on extermination to no avail. If you look up bird mite infestation you will see a whole plethora of stories of people infested. I don't even read them anymore it is too horrible.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I feel things that I cannot see, also. I know they are there! Have you tried using air purifiers, HEPA filters, electrostatic filters? Just some ideas to look into - good luck!

Tenchains949

Arachnopeon
Thank you for your replies. I have been to the Dermatologist. I recently changed my diet as well excluding sugar and processed foods. It seemed to help. Today I did not spray my bed with Windex and tonight I am paying for it. Usually I spray my (airbed) daily but I figured that cannot be healthy. Fyi I attended private school most of my life. I am 42. I use the gym very often. No drugs. Oh well, I always thought that if I caught a terminal disease that I would drive my car into the Grand Canyon. This is not that though. I have been fighting too long. They are in the bends of my elbows while I type. My ears and my nose. They love me. I have done some many things over the past two years. Spent so much good money. I have tried it all. I was a healthy man. With ok looks. Athletic and in good shape. My gf was good looking. The relationship was decent. Sorry to drop this on you but I want to die. My body is in great shape from the gym. I am
cooking all of my own food. No alcohol or drugs. No matter. Nothing works. If I spray and wash and avoid problem places they still come. If I try to ignore they still come. No matter what I do not only do they fail to disappear but they still have times when they explode in numbers. I have had enough. Thanks for reading this. Nothing can help me I guess. Shave my head, smoke a joint, shower for hour, sauna for 20 mins a day. Eat healthy. Dermatologist. Not a damn thing. Be well friends...still come.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
OP, sounds like you got them bad. Had about that earlier this year. To correct something, ALL MITES BITE. Only some bite people however. Sarcops, Demodex to name a couple.

If at all possible, you need to identify the mites. Skin scrapings and so on. Contact a dermatologist that knows about parasites. Not all do. If you have the bad news bears infestation, Demodex or similar, you are in for a rough time. The treatment for them is a very nasty highly toxic chemical. Again, dermatologist versed in parasites. Find out.

Population explosions are common with mites. What all mites cannot handle is temperatures below 50F for prolonged periods. This doesn't help warm blooded mammals much and it's a little difficult to invite a blizzard into your house.

Your environment.
I used CO2 fire extinguishers to kill off the lions share in general areas.
Windex works because it has a surfactant making it wet enough to drown the buggers. Any soap solution will do the same. But the eggs won't drown.
I used myself as bait. During the heaviest infestation period I would sit in munch central for a half hour to an hour then go shower using a dish scrubber and soap over my entire body. Talking to the tune of 6 to 8 showers a day.
Outdoor areas: Sigh. Spray. I loathe insecticides and won't use them indoors but. An insecticide with Chaindrite<TM> works and is residual. All areas where you can carrying the monsters into the house. Carports, porches etc.
Vacuum!! A LOT! Then after a thorough vacuuming take the vacuum outside, turn it on and let it inhale a 2 or 3 second spurt of insecticide. BEWARE! Many insecticides are flammable and can ignite in the vacuum.
Eventually, unless you have a fully adapted indoor infestation, mite season will be over. But again, get the buggers identified!

Tenchains949

Arachnopeon
Thank you but I am done. I cannot fight them anymore. I sold my fogger yesterday. I had used cedar oil which helped in the fogger. But it made my chest hurt as I am a heart patient. I will not wash my bedding today. My blanket is getting so worn out from daily washing. I have gone through to much bedding that ended up in the trash. The cedar oil was $120 per gallon and I bought a lot of it over the years. I can't spray windex anymore either as I have been breathing it for years now. Good luck to those that have this issue. I had a nice life once, and I was happy. Important for me to say that. Thank you