The King

VxXDJXxV

Arachnopeon
are Citharischius crawshayi as bad as everyone says they are........this is directed twords people who have them or have had them:D

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
...and they really don't like it if you poke the finger down their burrow.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i love mine(all 4 of them:) they are not so bad{D as long as ya don't "play"with them. i see them time after time at night,but during the day they remain out of sight,they are not as high strung as my giant chinese earthtigers..........they are psyco:eek:

VxXDJXxV

Arachnopeon
the reason i ask is because the pet store that i allways go to just got 2 in and the owner is going to give a a great deal so im wounduring if there worth the trouble...

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
the reason i ask is because the pet store that i allways go to just got 2 in and the owner is going to give a a great deal so im wounduring if there worth the trouble...
Crawshayi are always worth the trouble ;). Just treat them with respect.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I personally love them, yes they burrow alot and tend to stay down there but they eat like pigs and get huge!@ I just like them in general. That was one of the first Ts I got and much like you there was a shop with a killer deal I think I paid 5 bucks for a 2". So I say go for it. There is something to be learned from every T you own.

VxXDJXxV

Arachnopeon
the one they have is about 1in for about 15 bucks, how fast do they grow??

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Id say about as slow as G Rosea. I kept mine in a jar till he out grew it. But he made elaborate tunnels and webbed tons. But at 2" he took something like 7 months to molt once....... thats slow in my book. And when he did molt he almost doubled in size but then proceeded to skip 11 months before his next molt.

Dilbrain

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My King is about 3 years old and about 3.5 inches , he is well worth the wait when pops out to say hello !

Out of my Lairy T's - Blondis, Murinus, Lividum, he is by far the most amusing when he loses it!
Yes a great addition to anyones collection IMO.

:D

Arachnokid 93

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well my Citharischius crawshayi is usally in its burrow but I have it in a round container so i can always see it. as for temper its the only tarantula I have that likes to rear up as much as the Haplopelma lividum :D