The King and I

Vayu Son

Old Timer
Handling of theraphosids is not advised or endorsed by myself or the owners of arachnopets.com. The species presented here is reported to have a higher toxicity of venom and a level of aggressiveness above that of most tarantulas. By viewing these pictures you release myself and the owners of arachnopets.com from any damage or harm, personal or legal, that may result from emulation of these photographs.

That said, here are a few pics of a Citharischius crawshayi specimen I recieved from holley a few months back. Most likely female.

-V

Attachments

Last edited:

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lovely Lovely T. :)

I WANT to hold all of ours but Won't.....

Especialy our little orange demon spawn...

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just like Nixy said, I want to hold them but I don't have the guts.

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They are just so cute! I saw a bunch at lll reptile with 9 or 10 inch leg spans. My god they are huge! I want one!!!! Beautfiful. You got a cute fella.. :)

TigerWoman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hmm... That T look exactly the same as my Acantoscourria musculosa! Do they look alike, or do i have a T with a wrong name? She also LOVE to dig holes... :? :?

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Call me crazy, but I think I could handle my 2" P murinus.
After his intial display of aggression he calms right down. Only problem is I can't be certain he won't do a runner.

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My goal is to be able to handle any of my T at any time. For now, I'm still having trouble with the usambara.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
told ya Vayu Son!
Once she is out of her burrow, and finishes having a fit, she is handleable, *IF* you are extremely careful!
Zindzhi is a tad larger than Killer Cheeto, but has the same charming personality LOL!

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

I dont think KC will stay as tolerable at the 10" phase ;p

-V

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

Tigerwoman,

From pictures ive seen it looks like the Acanthoscurria loses the velvety appearance and does not develop the thick, pencil-legs characteristic of Citharischius.

-V

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a 3 - 3.5 inch E. murinus that I handle now and then. It does rear up and strike sometimes when provoked, but usually its just nervous. Often when I open its tub for misting or whatnot, it gets nervy and runs out of the enclosure, so I end up handling it to get it back in. Once it gets outside the tub, it calms down; but it will still teleport at a puff of air.