The jig is up

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Dang wife found me out today. I guess the 7" subspinipes I got for my birthday was a little too obvious :D
I am now a known pede keeper and she's not exactly pleased - at least she didn't instantly order me to get rid of them, just had to move the monster to the top shelf of my computer desk where, one, she can't see it and, two, in her words, "when it gets out you'll be the first person it kills" :)

For some reason it didn't help my case when I explained that if it got out she was free to smash it with the first blunt object she could because while its venom wouldn't kill anyone but it would leave you in excruciating pain for a few days. What the hell is wrong with women? ;)

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL! Congrats on your first trip across the "wife-who-is-semi-ok-with-T's-but-loathes-pedes bridge" Haha! (that bridge has a long name) If you still have the pede, you handled it with cunning and grace. ;) Great job Chip! Isn't it beter now though with nothing to hide?

Atrax

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by Atrax
Isn't it beter now though with nothing to hide?
Hey, there was never any hiding of anything - just a lack of, "Honey, come check *this* out!" when it came to the pedes. The little CRH and, before it died, SHC were both in plain view on a shelf over my computer, she was free to notice I had them at any point. Same thing with the Vietnamese Giant - it was in a perfectly obvious 5 gallon aquarium on the file cabinet next to her computer desk, that it took her almost a week to actually look into the tank is not *my* fault :D

bness2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Code Monkey
I am now a known pede keeper and she's not exactly pleased - at least she didn't instantly order me to get rid of them, just had to move the monster to the top shelf of my computer desk where, one, she can't see it and, two, in her words, "when it gets out you'll be the first person it kills" :)
I wouldn't dare keep such a critter at home. I do plan to get a Vietnemese pede, but it will stay at my office.

On the other hand, I bought 6 Giant African Black Millipedes, and my wife actually thinks they are cute. I guess it helps that they are vegetarians.

Bryan