The horra.. the horra... I tell you..

johns

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the horrah of it all:D . A couple of nights ago, I was plopping in a few crix/fruit flies in with my inverts, and I noticed something that my me absolutely freak out, and gnash my teeth and wail with fear< I tend to wax hyperbolic:rolleyes: > all the way up to New York, so if Satanika and Senor Deranged heard any frightful, keening wails of fright in the last day or so, it was probably because my absolutely HUGE Heteropeda ssp. of huntsman spider craftily smoogled its way through the tiniest of all possible crevices, and is now patiently waiting eight eyes glininting malevelontly,lurking like a guided jugular missile, fangs ready to pierce the username's johns' flesh.

Last edited:

Satanika

She Who Rules AKA Thread Killer
Staff member
Hey Johns ...

OMG .... you mean to tell me that, that horrific wailing was YOU?!?!?! .... ;) LOL

You should've stopped by and said "HI". =D

Hope you find it soon .... or he finds you soon ... well ... you know what I mean! :)

Debby

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey Johns,

Happy belated B-day, Oct 4th

Ernie

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Best bathe your house in lights and cats, so that not the Huntsman Huntsjohn, currently hidden from view and tapping one of it's feet in rhythm with your jugular flow, shall catch you unawares.....

johns

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You're making me woozy with fear, talking about jugulars, lights, and cats... last night I slept in my room(the outside, anyway) for the first time in a couple of days, since my fangy guest decided to pull a Houdini....:)

Still trying to determine why I'm enthralled with speed, for these take the grand prix in that arena....

Maybe it's because I find it difficult to make explosive movements<i.e- slapping a bloodthirsty huntsman off said jugular 'o mine in the dead of night>?;)

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hope you find her John! Before she finds you.. ;) That would be a shame to loose such an awesome spider.

Alex S.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
John, thinking of it from that perspective is creeeeeeeeepy! I don't think I'd be comfortable laying down in a room that I KNOW also contains a big ass huntsman. I mentioned in another thread once that Huntsmans are pretty much the only spiders that still kinda give me a chill when they move.

Good luck bro!

Atrax

Arachniphile

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would look in dark places like up under a sofa. I have watched mine and they like heat pretty well, and when startled... goes up like an aboreal...

I truely hope you find you bug... I love my Huntsman....

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I live in the extreme West of canada and i heard those screams. CRAZY

johns

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm afraid it wasn't the running crab spider, Martin- it was an African sub-species of H. venattoria- about 4 inches in length, and I've just now discovered its hiding place: this morning I got up at 6:30 and was making the bed when I felt a strange "presence", looked slowly up and found the huntsman, silently peering at me, its one foot tapping in perfect timing to the pulse of my jugular:D :}.

She had craftily, like ice is cold, set herself up near the heating vent, so if I attempted to recapture, she could easily duck my pathetically clumsy tries, and dissappeared into the vent.

Arachniphile

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Have you caught her yet johns?

I had removed my Huntsman from her tank a couple times and found that they DO NOT like to be touched!!! lol... flipped out totally!! With great patients I found that slow movements is the way to get close to em...

Also... I would kick on the air conditioning at -30 and hang a heated tank not far away from the vent openeing (10-12")with a few crickets and a nice hide in it... as I said.. they like heat and she will likely not go any further than she needs to for another source... Chill her out... lol... (pun intended... )