The H. gigas Project.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Is H. gigas a defensive, fast species? Apparently it's a burrower as well but mine sits on top and chill even when i open the lid. I love my little guy.
You acquired an old world tarantula without doing enough research to discover their temperament? Unwise.

jaycied

Arachnoknight
Is H. gigas a defensive, fast species? Apparently it's a burrower as well but mine sits on top and chill even when i open the lid. I love my little guy.
All old worlds are defensive and fast. Keep in mind they can change personalities after molts. It might be chill now, but it definitely won't be forever

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I bought an H gigas communal, 5 of them ranging from 2-3". They were fine and well fed. I had a vacation coming up where I was going to be gone a little over 3 weeks. I believe the "well fed" is key to a happy communal. It was break it up or sell the communal. I sold them to a friend for cheap, who is still keeping them communally.
I'm not saying it works every time, but it can work.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
I dunno why you're rolling your eyes at me. Literally no one around here is going to tell you it's a good idea to buy a tarantula you did no research on. And if you didn't read about their temperament, then you didn't do research even if you did read they "apparently" like to burrow.

I'm just being bluntly honest. Take it however you want to.