The eggs :(

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello all,
First off let me apologize to Atrax, this was a mistake that wasn’t in my control. This morning when I was going through the rounds, I found that my H. lividum, or cobalt blue. I noticed that she wasn’t holding her egg sac. Infact she was on the far side of her tank. So I immediately set up a small hammock tank for the eggs. Once that was set up I opened the cobalt blue tank and, took the sac out. Slowly cutting it open, I looked into find yellow eggs, with whitish spots on them. They don’t look very healthy infact i am positive they are dead. I took allot of time trying to get this t to lay eggs and when it happened I was very excited. I have hammocked them and will hope for the best, but it doesn’t look positive.

Sincerely,

Brandon

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Aaaaw.

I hope, really hope that your wrong about them and they turn out to be fine.
Or at least Some.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya and if it turns out they aren't viable.

I'm very sorry and hope the next attempt goes better.

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nixy,
Thank you for you wishes of luck, I could surely use it. The eggs are not viable. But you are right Better Luck Next time.

Sincerely,

Brandon

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh Drat!

I'm So sorry to hear that. :(

I hope and hope your next breeding effort more then makes up for this.

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ahh sorry to hear about that...

on my side of the woods, my lividums egg has grown considerbly, it is the size of her leg span when she is in the curl position.. its brighter coloured now aswell, i hope that these are ok...

i think im going to let them hatch in the females tank with her, she seems to move it to where she thinks is the best conditions

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Oh Brandon, I'm really sorry to hear that :(
I know how important this was, and all the hard work you (and the spider!) go thorugh to make it happen...what a bummer :(

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Brandon, no need to apologize to me. I know it's hit or miss. No worries whatsoever. :)

See ya.

Atrax

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Atrax,
Thats good to hear, better luck next time I suppose.

Sincerely,

Brandon

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
White spots on the eggs sounds like it may be mold. Are they all like that? Was the enclosure excessively wet? That may have been the cause if the sac itself got wet. Sorry to hear about the loss. I know how it feels as my P. fasciata ate her sac.. :(

Scott

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Scott,
It hard to say really, the tank wasnt wet, but more moist as most cobalt blue cages are. I still have the eggs in the hammok and they have all tuned a deep yellow color but till have the white on them. If it is mold it isnt the fuzzy kind so im not sure to tell you the truth. Im sorry to hear about your P. fasciata, we know the hobby could use more CB pokeys.

Sincerely,

Brandon