The different marking on Poecilotheria spp. abdomens - females

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey great idea, id buy one if the abdomen and carapace pics were side by side, or on top of each other. Oh and with male markings as well for compairson.

RED-LEG

Arachnopeon
Is abdomen pattern the most reliable form of identification in poecilotheria?

Feathers

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm with talkenlate04 - I'd buy a poster too. That P. miranda is gorgeous. I can sure see why pokies are called tigers.

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is superb! I must throw my regalis at you guys sometime for sexing... IT must be 4.5 inches by now... I'm starting to get courious... ;)

Steevens.D

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Does anyone know why all these abdomens markings arent the same even though they are all in the same genus? is it the same as zebras all having totally different stripes? and cheetahs? and dalmations? and finger prints and snow flakes all being different

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm about to buy a 5" rufilata which is supposed to be a female. Can I see the different markings at this size? I heard rufilata is pretty hard to sex this way.

Steevens.D

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm about to buy a 5" rufilata which is supposed to be a female. Can I see the different markings at this size? I heard rufilata is pretty hard to sex this way.
What I have done is not to sex the tarantula but to make the different between species.

Yes rufilata is not easier to sex by the dorsal shot.